Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    katieann123 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 09:46 AM
    In need of guidance from NY
    I was arrested last October. I had purchased a couple of handbags online about a year prior and needed some money so I took them to a place that sells your stuff on eBay for you. They listed the bags but found that they weren't authentic and had me arrested. My charge was only a misdemeanor and I received a 6 month ACD which was up in May. My attorney said that I would have no criminal record and that my fingerprints would be returned to me. I am finishing school in December and will be looking for a job as a teacher and want to know if future employees will be able to see this on my record. I was never convicted and the only other thing on my record would be a speeding ticket about 5 years ago. I am really worried that I am going to have this on my record and not be able to find a job. Also, in May the handbags were returned to me and I had them authenticated by some place in LA. I didn't want to sue the place, just wanted to be done with is but need to know is it safe for me to try to sell them? Thank you for your help!
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 09:56 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by katieann123
    I was arrested last October. I had purchased a couple of handbags online about a year prior and needed some money so I took them to a place that sells your stuff on ebay for you. They listed the bags but found that they weren't authentic and had me arrested. My charge was only a misdemeanor and I received a 6 month ACD which was up in May. My attorney said that I would have no criminal record and that my fingerprints would be returned to me. I am finishing school in December and will be looking for a job as a teacher and want to know if future employees will be able to see this on my record. I was never convicted and the only other thing on my record would be a speeding ticket about 5 years ago. I am really worried that I am going to have this on my record and not be able to find a job. Also, in May the handbags were returned to me and I had them authenticated by some place in LA. I didn't want to sue the place, just wanted to be done with is but need to know is it safe for me to try to sell them? Thank you for your help!

It doesn't make sense to me someone (apparently from the Police Department) determined they were fakes and someone else looked at them and authenticated them - ? I also don't know why if you purchased them believing they were authentic and tried to sell them, still believing they were authentic, you were arrested - ?

I am aware of a very similar situation involving a "diamond" ring but the only person charged was the original seller who apparently knew it was a fake. The buyer and re-seller did not know.

Anyway, yes, it's very possible that the arrest will show up on a background check.

Would I try to sell them? No, not without a Certificate of Authenticity from someone licensed to appraise the handbags.

Did you take the Certificate back to Court and tell them their expert was incorrect?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Need some guidance [ 2 Answers ]

I want to write up a basic philosophy about how I want to live my life. I want it touch on pretty much every aspect necessary. I feel that by doing so, I will be putting a lot of thought into things that I've basically just done out of habit and conditioning for years. I don't intend to...

Guidance [ 2 Answers ]

Hi there Im having a troubled time and would appreciate some guidance on the career and romance fronts. My dob is 5 jun 74 and my initials are K P Thanks for your time.

View more questions Search