Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lurdes Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 04:22 AM
    No answer from portuguese consulate
    HI,

Iam a portuguese citizen residing in england. I tried to get in toutch with the Portuguese Consulate to renew my passport I've sent emails they never replyed back. I ring almost everyday to my amasement I never get ant answer, the only time I got through they told to ring another number however for no surprise of mine it was the wrong number.

Can some one help me get through through this people.

Many Thanks

Lurdes Corlett
    0rphan Posts: 1,282, Reputation: 240
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:41 AM
    Hi lurdes,

The trouble with emails is very often they go to the wrong email address or they are simply overlooked.
    It's the same when phoning, you leave a message with someone if your lucky to get an answer, they promise to pass it on, but invariably they forget or give the wrong messege to the wrong person.

My advice would be to go to your nearrest.. Citizens Advice Bureaux... who will have all the information you need.

They are all over the UK and extremely helpful in situations like these all at no charge.

You'll find them listed in the local directory or even on line... it may be useful to perhaps phone them first, I know they do have closing days and you may have to make an appiontment but they will definitely help you try and sort this problem out.

Takecare

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Portuguese consulate in Goa... running fraud passport racket [ 4 Answers ]

I submitted my papers for acquiring Portuguese nationality 4 yrs ago in 2000. My process was dragged on as usual by lisbon authorities since 6 yrs In 2005 I received my identification process appt date wherein was asked to get an original document issued to my parents during Portuguese era...

Validity of documents attested by portuguese consulate in Goa [ 1 Answers ]

Is it true that documents attested by portuguese consulate in goa have a validity period of only 6 months and they cannot be used after that for sending them to PORTUGAL for obtaining portuguese nationality.

Portuguese I.D card vs Portuguese passport [ 1 Answers ]

If I have my Portuguese I.D card on me and I want to travel to Italy do I still need to bring my Portuguese passport with me Many thanks

Important, L1-B from new employer and US consulate [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, My company had applied L1-B for me in order to start working on a oppurtunity in US, I had been waiting for nearly 3 months and nothing has materialized yet. I am planning to take up a better employment locally with other company. If I quit the current company and join the new...

Registering and passport in portuguese consulate [ 1 Answers ]

I need to register my newborn baby and issue a passport for her, I never can get in touch to the consulate, do they have especific time and days when they answer the phone, I really need to know what document do I need to bring along with me and how much it will cost me both processes, and how long...

View more questions Search