Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 01:22 AM
    Period pains
    Do you get period pains in the early stage of your pregnancy?

And the more you get vaginal discharge in your ovulation period, the more fertile you are?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:18 AM
    Some women do get period pains in early pregnancy... often feeling like they are about to start anytime. You can also sometimes have discomfort around the time of ovulation.

To a degree the amount of cervical mucus during ovulation may effect your chances of success, as this is the sort of mucus that allows sperm to survive a few days and ease their way, but many women do not have a great deal of external mucus and have no difficulty getting pregnant. The quality of the mucus would play a greater role than the amount that is noticeable.
    Krs Posts: 2,906, Reputation: 320
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 04:49 AM
    Thanks for the info.

What type of quality then?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:04 PM
    Generally mucus that is clearer, thinner, and "wetter" is what you would look for. Many compare it to being similar to egg whites. This may start several days before actual ovulation and it is a good time to start having sex once you notice this change. Having sex several times over the next several days at this point may be helpful. Since the egg is only viable for about 24 hours, having the sperm ready and waiting tends to give the best chance of success. Waiting for what you think may be the actual day of ovulation could very well cause you to miss the window of opportunity.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Painful period pains. [ 12 Answers ]

:( help me.. when I have my, periods either (mostly) for the first few days on and off I feel like il be sick though I've only been sik once, either too warm or too cold, I cnt eat and if I do it won't settle in my stomach even painkillers won't! Please help me Thank you

Could I be pregnant and still have period like pains [ 7 Answers ]

my last period was on 2nd November and lasted 5 days I have not had my next period which was meant to be about 1st dec I have a little abdomenal pain but nothing much could I be pregnant and still have period like pains but no period ? If u could answer me that would be great .x:)

Serious period pains on the first day of menstration [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Guys, I am 29 years of age, and very curious to find out as to why I have been for the past two years, going through serious period pains and heavy flow with scary looking blood clots on the first day of menstruation; then only to have less or no flow on the other three days of my cycle:(...

Period Like Pains In Early Pregnancy [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone had period like pains in the early stages of pregnancy? They are not really really bad but I can feel them like I know they are there. I'm 6 weeks tomorrow.

Odd pains [ 3 Answers ]

I am 18 and I have never had this kind of pain, I am getting cramps like about to start my period but if I did it would be two and a half weeks early, and I am getting sharp pains in my vagina. Im not pregnant, because I am a virgin. So I want to ask what these pains are.

View more questions Search