Vision Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 12:24 AM
    Spray Tanning
    Does spray tanning cover scars?
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 7, 2008, 12:38 AM
    Hello CMomma

No it does not. Spray tanning should be transparent to the skin, so it won't cover a scar.

:)
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 12:39 AM
    Well, poo
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 12:51 AM
    If you want to try, get some Vitamin E gel caps (they run anywhere from $5 - 10 for a bottle) and break it open, and rub/massage it on your scars.

Granted, you said in your other post that you have over a hundred scars... so I suggest going for the biggest/most revealing ones... and see if that helps. It takes about a month or so, but the scars should slowly improve.
    Vision Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 12:53 AM
    I've done that fot years... no help... the scars are 18 years old...
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 12:57 AM
    Hm. Without spending a lot of money on laser resurfacing or mineral creams... cocoa butter and vitamin E is probably your best bet. Potentially VitaK or Mederma may work... but I heard they're relatively pricey...
    Vision Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 12:59 AM
    I've tried nearly everything... I'm just wondering if spray tan will slghtly cover them...
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 01:00 AM
    From what I believe, the spray tan will actually adhere to your skin, but will not stay on your scars... thus making your scars more noticeable...
    Vision Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 01:01 AM
    As normal tanning does...
    zawatska Posts: 226, Reputation: 12

Aug 27, 2008, 09:17 PM
    No, I have a few scars, and I do the whole fake bake + spray tan and you can barely see them... your skin will obviously be darker therefore it will cover them up... you'll still be able to see them, just not as well.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Tanning [ 2 Answers ]

OK... last few years I've spent each day of my summer either in class (college) or at work... so basically I'm pretty pale/white. I've recently joined a new gym and noticed they have those tanning machines, I've never used them, or actually "tanned" (purposely). Should I use that tanning machine,...

Sun Tanning [ 1 Answers ]

I'm going to Barbados in June. Any suggestions on what products to use to get a tan without burning. I am a black light-skinned Afro-American with fair skin.:)

Tanning bed [ 12 Answers ]

Is it really bad? I have been getting tanned for years... I am worried now.

Tanning oil ? [ 3 Answers ]

OK so I just bought banana boat dark tanning oil and I have a few questions. First since most tanning oils have such low spfs (this one is 4) can I put sunblock on first and put the tanning oil on over top? And second can I put the tanning oil on my face because I don't want my face to be white...

Spray Tanning Beds [ 1 Answers ]

I am going to be celebrating my 31st birthday on the 4th of May. I am going to pamper myself for the day. I am getting my hair cut and styled and I am also getting my nails done. I am so excited. Since my 9th month old, I have not had a chance to breath. Anyway... my question, has anyone used...

View more questions Search