Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    hustleman310 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 10:35 PM
    My trane xl 1200 will not reverse into cool. It will not come out of heat cycle.
    My trane xl 1200 is stuk in heat. Will not go into cool. It is like the reverse vale is bad. Can you help me
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 7, 2008, 04:05 AM
    Check for power at the reversing valve while the unit is active in the a/c mode. If power is present and the valve does not switch to the cooling mode the valve is probably bad or the valve coil is defective. Time to call for Professional ON SITE service for a replacement and to check for proper operation of your equipment.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Trane XL 1200 Defrost cycle failure [ 2 Answers ]

I have a Trane XL 1200 Model TWX030C100A0 ser. # HO4202122 that has been a superb unit but now fails to initiate the defrost cycle. I can cause the unit to defrost by putting it into the AC mode when it frosts up. The defrost board is 21C140501G07 (WW28X0329). I have not replaced this board in...

Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump [ 4 Answers ]

I have a Trane XE 1200 Heat Pump and am trying to install a programmable Honeywell RTH7500 thermostat and have an extra wire. The previous thermostat was a manual Trane. I connected the Blue wire to the C terminal, the Yellow wire to the Y terminal, the Green wire to the G terminal, the Orange...

Xl 1200 trane [ 1 Answers ]

I have a trane netral ac xl 1200 more than 15 years old. Works fine except the past week the air handler in attic keeps running continuous. It's on auto . I replaced the thermo , worked OK for a day but it started again. I was told that it could be the relay on the unit. If it is would you be able...

Train XL 1200 fan but no cool air [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Train XL 1200 and yesterday afternoon it began blowing out warm air. I checked the thermostat and then reset the circuit b breakers on the house box with no repair. Today I checked the fuses on the outside of the unit itself and all was good. I unpluged the thermostat for about 15 minutes...

I'd like a comparason of Trane vs Carrier 2 Ton elec cool/propane heat units [ 5 Answers ]

I am getting bids to replace my AC system and would like a comparason of 2 Ton units with heat pump electric cool, propane heat. Thank you

View more questions Search