Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    suzzieQ Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 08:19 PM
    Wiring a ceiling fan to wall outlet
    I live in a high rise apartment complex with no ceiling light fixture. Is there a way to wire a ceiling fan to an electrical cord that would plug into a wall outlet. I can do a lot of "handyman jobs" on my own and have numerous ceiling fans when the wiring is already there? Just wondering if there is way to do this through an outlet.
    Thanks so much...
    ceilingfanrepair Posts: 5,733, Reputation: 109
    Uber Member

Aug 7, 2008, 10:26 AM
    Yes, it's called a "Swag Kit". If you're like me you'll remove the chain and use some plastic wiremold instead.

You can make your own swag kit by cutting the end off an extension cord, but I doubt this is legal.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Wiring ceiling fan to swith that controls outlet [ 8 Answers ]

Hi I have a light swith that only has two wires to it it allows an outlet to be turn off and on, I need to have this control the outlet and a new ceiling fan... there is no overhead light in the room now... how would I need to wire this switch

Outlet boxes and wiring installed on basement wall [ 1 Answers ]

What is the proper method of wiring outlets on the basement wall. The wall has 2x3 firring strips 16" OC. Does the wire have to be in conduit?

Wiring Ceiling Fan to Wall Switch [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to connect my ceiling fan to a wall switch for operation. House wiring is black, copper, white and red; Fan wiring is black, green, white and blue. I connected black-black, white-white, green-green-copper, blue-red; the wall switch does not appear to power the fan... any...

Old house, new ceiling fan wiring to wall outlet [ 2 Answers ]

I have a new ceiling fan that comes with a wall dimmer and fan speed /on and off... My house wiring is old and has only one black and one white wire,. will this switch work... I have an electrician coming to install. Paid plenty for the fan and I want to make sure...

Ceiling fan wiring with wall switch [ 6 Answers ]

In the ceiling, I have two blacks, two whites and two reds. I know that some service an unswitched connection to another outlet that I don't want on the wall switch. In the wall switch box, the top is connected black and the bottom red. My replacement fan has a light kit with a blue lead and...

View more questions Search