Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mommabear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2006, 10:26 AM
    Unable print while connected to internet
    I have a computer running windows 98 SE, using a dialup connection. Whenever I am connected to the internet, I am unable to use my printer. Why is this and how can I fix it?
    LTheobald Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 127
    Ultra Member

Apr 15, 2006, 04:36 AM
    Interesting. Do you get any kinds of error message or does the printer just not wrk? Also, is it just your internet browser (Internet Explorer, Firefox etc.) you are having troube printing from or all programs while you are connected to the internet?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 15, 2006, 06:53 AM
    What kind of printer? How old? How is it connected? (parallel, serial, USB). What type of modem?
    mommabear Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 10:27 AM
    I don't receive any error messages, the printer just stops. I am using IE 6. It is a Lexmark Z42 and I believe it uses a USB port. Could it possibly be a problem or conflict with the IRQ assignment?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Using a printer not connected to a computer [ 4 Answers ]

Hi - I have an HP Printer, which has an ethernet connection. The printer is attached to my Netgear Router, via this wired ethernet connection and my computer is also attached to the Netgear Router via a wired ethernet connection. I know the printer is connected correctly because it shows the...

Issues with sleeping connected to Multivitamins? [ 9 Answers ]

I am having issues with sleeping lately. I cannot fall asleep in the evening. I will give you a little background on my activities, and what I thought might be an issue. About 3 months ago I got mononucleosis. Since then, I stopped going to my Ju Jitsu practices that I was going to for the past...

Laptop connected to an external monitor [ 1 Answers ]

I ruined the screen of my laptop a few weeks ago and have been surving off a cheap old dell monitor that I simply connected to my laptop. Today, I disconnected the two to move my laptop and when I reconnected them, the external monitor's screen no longer displayed the image from the laptop. I...

Won't Print [ 1 Answers ]

I have styus C 80 printer .After being out of Blk. Ink for several months I finally replaced the cartridge. At 1st the paper would come out w/ nothing on it at all, Then I got a pop up saying among other things "THIS PRINTER COULD NOT BE INSTALLED,RESTART WINDOWS & THEN TRY AGAIN" . Now tonight I...

How do I print [ 2 Answers ]

I use win98se. I have a folder that has both audio and video files in it . How do I print the contents of this folder. I tried to copy and paste into wordpad but that didn't work.I also tried hitting the print screen key and alt+print keys and that didn't work. Can I print just the info in the...

View more questions Search