Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    123sss Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Notice to appear in court after rent is paid
    Would it be considered harassment if a notice to appear in court for failure to pay rent was filed on the 16th of the month and I received a copy of the summons on the fifth day of the following month and the rent was paid in full and the check cleared the account on the 28th day of the month in question. What are my rights as a tenant in Washington dc?
    LisaB4657 Posts: 3,662, Reputation: 534
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 06:28 PM
    It doesn't sound like harassment. It's likely that the case was filed before the landlord received your rent. You should contact the landlord to confirm that they received your rent and also to confirm that the case will be dismissed.
    George_1950 Posts: 3,099, Reputation: 236
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 07:05 PM
    If you have a date to go to court, be certain you don't miss. The plaintiff/landlord should dismiss the case; contact the clerk of court and ask whether the case has been dismissed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Does 3 day Pay rent or quit notice include only rent? [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, My tenant paid $500 to get into my house (California). He was supposed to pay $3300 ($1800 rent + $2000 deposit) by 4th June. This was stated in contract. Instead he paid $1000 on 06/06. He deposited in my bank account. So if I want to give him a 3day pay rent or quit notice, should I...

Landlord provided 60 day eviction notice, now no rent received. Court case pending. [ 2 Answers ]

At the end of March, I provided a 60 eviction notice to one of my tenants (per the terms of the lease), informing her that I was not continuing her tenancy after it expired on 5/30/08 Now, she hasn’t paid rent since April. She's being evicted due to what I believe is her paranoid schizophrenia....

Pay Mortgage in one state, pay rent in the state I work in. Can I deduct rent paid? [ 1 Answers ]

I moved to NY from California in late July of '07 to start a new job. My wife was originally going to move out with me, but has been unable to gain employement in NY. The new plan is for me to move back to CA in the next couple of months. We own a home in CA for which we pay a mortgage, and I pay...

Tenants living in my home no rent has been paid and 30 day notice given [ 1 Answers ]

Do I have the right to change locks on house after 30 day notice was given and has expir ed tenants did not give me back the keys They have been living in that house for 2 years not paying any rent and no contract was every given between me and them I bought the house let them move in and they...

No notice entry/ re-rent / notice [ 1 Answers ]

My husband and I signed a year lease three months ago. We are currently living in Tennesee. The lease is 20 pages in length with numerous addendums etc. etc. It appears "iron clad". I have two questions, if you answer please consider the state I live in with your reply. 1. The maintenance...

View more questions Search