Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    avaanstar Posts: 48, Reputation: 3

Aug 6, 2008, 01:22 PM
    "You don't look like a model anymore!"
    Last summer, I would receive compliments everyday. People thought I looked like a model and they said I was so pretty, etc. This summer, I don't receive those compliments anymore.
    I feel like I've lost my beauty. Is that possible?

I feel like I've gotten uglier.

Ugh.
    DrLang Posts: 98, Reputation: 10

Aug 6, 2008, 01:33 PM
    First of all, I want to say that the stereotyped image that Americans have of models disturbs me greatly. So just because people are not saying that you look like one does not mean that you are not beautiful.

Over time, especially growing up, our appearances change. It could be that last year, you looked similar to these stereotyped ideas of a model, or it could have been the way you walked, dressed, did your hair, smiled, etc. A year later, you might have shifted away from what ever it was that made people associate your appearance with a model.

If the thing that changed is the shape of your body, this shouldn't surprise anyone. The stereotypical model does not have very pronounced curves in their body. As you grow into womanhood, you will likely become much more shapely (allow me to assert that this is not a bad thing at all).
    JBeaucaire Posts: 5,426, Reputation: 997
    Software Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 02:22 PM
    I don't want to see pictures of you, I want to see pictures of the people you've reached out to and helped this week. I'd like to see the beautiful joy in their eyes because of the lovely Avaanstar and all she does for them.

Those are the pictures I'd like to see.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 05:09 PM
    No it does not mean that you are less than attractive.
    It means that people who already told you don't feel the need to remind you and the ones that haven't told you either are not the type to go around telling people they are attractive or they just don't feel the need to tell you for whatever reasons.
    godsbabygirl267 Posts: 175, Reputation: 11

Aug 9, 2008, 07:09 PM
    I know what you will think but I need to point this out, why does it matter? Everyone always thinks that everyone else needs to think they are pretty or something, is being normal a taboo thing now?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 9, 2008, 07:54 PM
    If and when we get our self confidence from others we will always be disapointed. If we require satisfaction in other eyes we will always be hurt. You hve to be who you want to be in your own eyes. And beauty comes from within us, and what we do for others.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 9, 2008, 08:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr_Chuck
    If and when we get our self confidence from others we will always be disapointed. If we require satisfaction in other eyes we will always be hurt. You hve to be who you want to be in your own eyes. and beauty comes from within us, and what we do for others.
    Don't think it can be said any better than that!
    chancelord Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Aug 10, 2008, 11:39 AM
    Comment on DrLang's post
    Agree
    chancelord Posts: 24, Reputation: -2

Aug 10, 2008, 11:43 AM
    Probably they are just kind of tired of always saying the same things but, believe it or not you cannot go from model to ugly from a summer to another
    barbiechick123 Posts: 317, Reputation: 25

Aug 11, 2008, 12:56 AM
    I agree with all of the above, and have you considered that beauty is in the eye of the beholder, if the people who called you pretty last summer they called you pretty, they don't have to say it more than once, and really.. a model? What's so great about models, everyone's beautiful in their own way, and once you relaise your beatutiful everyone else will too.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Sep 8, 2008, 09:41 PM
    I have to agree with the above. I also have to say, why do you need constant recognition that you are beautiful? Sounds like low self esteem to me.

I've met very unattractive people in my life that became gorgeous because they are good, kind, caring people. I've met gorgeous people that became ugly because they were self absorbed, mean, uncaring people. Beauty fades, a good heart lasts forever.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

My wife isn't "in love" anymore, usually. [ 42 Answers ]

I will try to summarize the situation and would love input, please! We have been married 11.5 years, together about 13. We have two kids. We get along fine. We have our differences, but without bitterness or blow out arguments. She has a hard time telling me things that are on her...

Hampton Bay "Belmont" Model Ceiling Fan-Reversing [ 3 Answers ]

I have had many fans through the years that were reversubke (including four in my home when I installed the Belmont), and all of them are reversible via a sliding switch on the side of the housing--as indicated by the two members who responded to my first question. However, there is no such...

View more questions Search