Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    v_eshwar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 12:13 PM
    L1B visa to H1B conversion
    Hello,

I'm currently in USA in L1B visa through company A. Same company A processed H1B for me for the current year and I've been selected in lottery. I don't have my h1b petition, but I don't my petition reference (EAC) number. Is it possible for me to quit my current company A and join a different compnay using the H1B which I have? Should I have to go back to India for that?? I don't have the H1B petition at all with me. Please reply at the earliest possible...
    lawanwadee Posts: 3,653, Reputation: 124
    Immigration Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 01:18 PM
    Do you mean using quota obtained by company A to work with company B?

If they're not affiliates, the answer is no.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

L2 visa status change to student visa [ 5 Answers ]

HOw do I go about changing my daughters L2 visa to a student visa as she wants to start college in the fall, Her L2 visa expires in June 2009

Husband on H1B visa, Wife on F1 visa- Can we file jointly using form 1040 EZ [ 3 Answers ]

Hi I am on an H1B visa and my wife is on an F1 visa. We got married in Dec 2007. I was wondering whether I could file form 1040EZ using the Married Filing Jointly status? Thanks a lot in advance

H1 to H4 visa conversion [ 1 Answers ]

Hi. My husband is on H1 and I've come to Charlotte, North Carolina with him on H4 from India in February 2007. I want to start working now and wanted to know how to go about applying for my H1. When is latest I can do that? Can I do it without some company sponsoring it? I'm an architect, and I...

View more questions Search