Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    rmadden Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 14, 2006, 05:31 AM
    Credit Reports / Judgments
    If the three major credit reports don't show any judgments against me does that really mean there are done against me?

How do you go about finding if you have judgments against you for credit card debt?

I just want to make sure that if I stand my ground about this ten year old debt that I know the sol is past. I will not end up in court because there is some judgement that I don't know about.

Thanks for info

Cheers Ron :cool:
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Apr 14, 2006, 05:44 AM
    Credit bureaus get their info from the courts. They are usually pretty accurate concerning judgements. However mistakes could be made. I'm not sure how you could find out other then checking your local courts. Do you know of any other outstanding debts you might have?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 14, 2006, 07:12 AM
    First of course you should know if you have a judgement, you are notified of a hearing, they have a court hearing and a judgement is ordered by the judge. So if they sent you notice of a court hearing and you did not go, then most likely they got a judgement.

Next what type of loan ? You can check with the court where it should have ahppened. If a lender is telling you they have a judgement, merely ask for a copy of the judgement, ask them what court, what was the docket number and so on.

As Scott said, normally they get the judgements fairly well, but also how long has it been, if the judgement happened three weeks ago, it well may not be showing up yet.

And I was trying to just add a note onto Scotts agreeing with his, but it would not let me this morning
    rmadden Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Apr 15, 2006, 06:03 AM
    The debt was a credit card and there would have been a couple of them but they would be all in the same time frame. I should have no other late debts for the last ten years.

I bought a house three years ago and I have heard that if you have a judgment against you that it would have been bought up at the time.

Has anyone heard that before?

How long is a judgment good for?
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Apr 15, 2006, 08:06 AM
    This is just a personal opinoin, if a credit card company already had a judgement against you they would have put a garnishment on your pay shortly after getting the judgement, I really doubt if they would have went ot all the trouble of the judgement and not do anything with it.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Financial judgments in Texas [ 1 Answers ]

I have serious financial problems & already have 1 credit card judgment. I had a free consultation with an attorney that advised due to the amount of debt, I could file bankruptcy but I didn't have the money to pay for that. He advised that I could just let everything go since I was unable to...

MS Access Reports [ 4 Answers ]

Hello all, I need to make a report on access and I need a count of records, that will need to satisfy 2 conditions. For example: records should be counted if the on the Sex column is "M" and the rating column is "2". Any ideas? This is very easy if you filter the records on a table,...

View more questions Search