Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    txmami26 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 09:29 AM
    Signing over guardianship of child
    I am looking for legal forms for signing over custody (of my husbands biological daughter to her aunt) to a family member, I know that we would have to get it notorized and that's about it. (no courts/attorneys involved)
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 11:08 AM
    <moved from Forum Help to Family Law>
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 11:25 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by txmami26
    I am looking for legal forms for signing over custody (of my husbands biological daughter to her aunt) to a family member, I know that we would have to get it notorized and thats about it. (no courts/attorneys involved)
    Are you talking about her ( the aunt ) being a temporary guardian or are you talking about actually giving up the child to the aunt ?

If it's the giving up the child its not that simple. The child isn't a piece of property like car keys. An adoption would need to take place and that would be to a married couple and also with the mothers approval.
    tracilove Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 4, 2011, 06:36 PM
    Yes you can ask for forms from notary or try local stationary store no courts unless removed by courts. I did it for my nice on behalf of my sister
    cdad Posts: 12,700, Reputation: 1438
    Internet Research Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 07:52 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tracilove View Post
    yes you can ask for forms from notary or try local stationary store no courts unless removed by courts. i did it for my nice on behalf of my sister
    What gave you the power to sign anything for someone else and what "form" was it for? Custody by way of POA might be possible on the short term but not in the long run. Its much more complicted then just signing a sheet of paper.
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Jan 4, 2011, 08:56 PM

2 1/2 year old thread closed.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Signing over rights before the child is born [ 5 Answers ]

I need some advise, I am pregnant and am not with the father of the unborn child. He has agreed to sign over rights, is there any way to do so before the child is born or can this only be done at the time of birth. I don't want this guy to change his mind at the last minute because he is not fit...

Does signing over guardianship terminate parental rights? [ 43 Answers ]

Hi, my sister was shown the last page of a guardianship form that only said she was giving guarndianship of her son to her sons grandparents. The grandparents convinced my sister it was only in case something medical happened to to her son while in his care. She believed them and then signed and...

Signing right off a child to his mother [ 7 Answers ]

I was wondering if the father has that right to signing his right over to the mother?

Child support/ signing over all rights [ 6 Answers ]

My brother has a three year old daughter that he is not aloud to see. Or let me rephrase that, the mother of the child does not allow him to see her. They have been to court numerous times about child support and visitation. Well now time has passed niether one of them is obeying the law. He...

View more questions Search