Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    louise1200 Posts: 64, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2008, 10:42 AM
    Hormonal Imbalance
    Can anyone tell me what a hormonal imbalance is and what are the symptoms off this?
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 11:02 AM
    It all depends on which hormones are out of balance. There are hundreds of hormones in our bodies and they each produce different symptoms.

Aug 6, 2008, 11:05 AM
    Oh OK, well I wouldn't have a clue, you see I'm trying to find out if I'm pregnant or if my hormones are imbalanced and making all these symptoms happen. I would like to be pregnant, but I don't want to get my hopes up just in case.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 11:09 AM
    You will have to get a work up done by your doctor to determine whether you have a hormonal imbalance.

What symptoms are you experiencing? How old are you? Are you on any medications?

Aug 6, 2008, 12:59 PM
    Im not on any medication, I'm 25 and here's a list off my symptoms, but since then I've bled a bit last week, but not normal periods for me, very light and light in colour, also only lasted a couple off days and I've been back to my doctor and have been told to do another urine test. Ive also got blue veins on the tops off my legs, bottom off my stomach and sum on my boobs. I have a sore bloated/swollen uncomfortable stomach, I feel sick some days, some days I just feel dizzy like this mornin I thought I was going to faint, I keep getting horrible headaches, I get quite constipated sometimes, My boobs are definitely bigger, they're showing blue veins and theye changed colour around my nipples, not really dark but its obvious they've changed, I get cramps sometimes too and my stomach feels tight round my belly button, it also feels as of my belly button has shrunk, because my finger no longer fits inside. I've also started to go off certain foods, I've done two tests both came bk negative. My doctor said to do another one. I started what I thought was my period today after being three weeks late, my last period was June 12th 2008. But it's a light pink colour, it shows on tissue and on a pad, but not as much as normal and it's there when I wee sometimes in the toilet too, but its like a very weakened down reddish pinky colour, ion the tissue it just likes a very pink like skin colour, sometimes a bit off a light red colour, but I've had no clotting what so ever. Does anybody have any idea what's going on with me? Because my doctors are useless and if I've been late in the past its been by two to three days max, not three weeks.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 01:04 PM
    Are you testing using first morning urine? Has a blood test been taken?

Aug 6, 2008, 01:28 PM
    Ive tested once with first morning urine, was quite a while ago and I haven't been offered a blood test.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 01:34 PM
    Then test again. If it comes back negative, make an appointment for a blood test. Until that time, treat yourself as if you are pregnant. Make sure you are already on prenatal vitamins.

Aug 6, 2008, 01:39 PM
    So do you think I am then? Because I've neva had any off these symptoms before and my doctor seems to be useless.
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 01:40 PM
    I can't say whether you are or are not without a physical exam and tests. I'm just saying you need to test again, and possibly get a blood test. In the meantime treat yourself as if you are pregnant. The reason for this is that neural tube defects, such as spina bifida, in infants presents in the early stages of pregnancy, you want to be on folic acid.

Please test again, and if negative, get a blood test.

Aug 6, 2008, 01:54 PM
    OK thnks. Ill get sum folic acid tomorro, thank you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hormonal Imbalance [ 4 Answers ]

Has anyone of you experience of hormonal imbalance? If you do then can you please tell me how you overcome those? Because I think I have those since I felt so tiredness everyday and my tummy bloated for so long, night sweat, craving for sweets all the times, and poor nutritions. Plus my husband and...

Hormonal imbalance, spontaneous abortion [ 1 Answers ]

Does a hormonal imbalance cause a spontaneous abortion and does a woman always know if she was pregnant when she miscarried? Would she even always know if she miscarried? I've had long af before with which there's an obvious decrease by the end. I find this one to be long (7th) day) and I still...

Hormonal imbalance and pregnancy [ 1 Answers ]

Does a hormonal imbalance affect how a pregnancy progresses? Can conception even occur if you have an imbalance?

Hormonal problems [ 1 Answers ]

All my friends have started pubic hair and I haven't I am 13 years old and I think I have a problem?:confused:

Hormone imbalance [ 4 Answers ]

22 yr old kid, small frame, BMI 20 Post puberty at 13 gynecomastia (male breasts), very skinny build You can imgaine the torment, skinny with breasts Told its normal, grading - 2 inch elevation From 13 - 22 years old, calm and collected on street, in a dangerous situation result in crying, when...

View more questions Search