Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    wuswus Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 10:09 AM
    Blower not working
    I have a Carrier Weathermaker 8000 furnace and recently the blower does not run. I noticed that when I set the Thermostat from AUTO to Run the Fan does not come on a faint click can be heard.

What is the best way to troubleshoot this issue?

I suspect the issue is with the cirucit board or blower motor.

Does anyone know how I can manually test the blower motor?

Thanks
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 02:12 PM
    If you set the tstat on fan instead of automatic does the blower work then?

Aug 6, 2008, 02:40 PM
    The blower does not work regadless if the thermastate is set to Heat, Cool, and the fan is set to Auto or RUN. I do hear a click when FAN is set to RUN.
    wmproop Posts: 3,749, Reputation: 91
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 02:58 PM
    Is a chance you might just need a capiciter for the fan motor,for a guess it's the cheapest way to go, most are attached to the blower housing itself,and only cost a few bucks. Be sure to take old one loose or with you to get an exact match

Aug 7, 2008, 05:56 AM
    Do you know of any test that I can perform on the Motor Run Capacitor? Some of the research that I've done points to the circuit board. Is there a way to jumper around the circuit board to force the Blower ON, just for testing purposes.

Thanks

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Heat and Air not working on Attic unit, but blower working. [ 1 Answers ]

The blower is working fine on our Heating and Air Conditioning unit but neither the Air or Heat will work. The emergency Heat works fine though. The unit is a Carrier with the words American Standard written on the outside fan unit. What should I look for before calling a tech or what would this be...

Blower not working [ 2 Answers ]

Blower/fan will not turn on, replaced the transformer, but not the answer any ideas

Blower not working right [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my blower on my furnace quite working. Worked fine all summer with A/C. I have an older model furnace that has the "On and AUTO". There has been no loud noises prior too, or no burning smell that may be associated with a failing motor. When I was looking at it I tapped the blower...

A/C Blower fan not working [ 2 Answers ]

Blower fan does not work in a/c mode, but if I switch it to heat the fan kicks on and starts blowing hot air.

Blower fan not working [ 2 Answers ]

I have a York central a/c forced air gas furnace. It's about 10 years old. The blower motor has stopped working. I can spin the squirrel cage freely by hand. Everything else seems to work as it should. Using a multimeter, as far as I can tell (I'm a plumber, not an electrician) 120V is not being...

View more questions Search