Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nestlebosco Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 07:25 AM
    First time landlord
    I am a first time landlord and wondering which would be better for me, 1yr leases or month to month leases? Thanks. :)
    RickJ Posts: 7,762, Reputation: 864
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 07:32 AM
    1 year for sure. I charge $50 more per month for a 3-month lease. I do not do month to month. Turnaround is money... so I want less turnaround.
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 6, 2008, 08:12 AM
    I would urge you to find landlord's associations in your area. They can be an invaluable resource.

You want the protection of a longer term lease. Anyone who wants a short term lease maybe looking to stick you.

You NEED to do a reference check on any prospective tenant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Can a landlord stop me having hot water in the day time [ 2 Answers ]

Can a landlord stop me from having hot water in the day time

Live in MA, Student in NY: Full-Time/Part-time/Non-Resident? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi- I am a 21 year old student attending a college in New York. Last summer (2007) I stayed on campus - as opposed to coming home and living with my parents in Massachusetts - and worked/earned an income through the school. However, the previous winter break, which ended in middle-January 2007, I...

Part Time / Full Time / Non - Resident - need clarification on this [ 2 Answers ]

Hi, I am an Indian Citizen. I came to US on L1 Visa on 20th October, 2007. I am trying to file the tax return through File Taxes Online - Do Taxes FREE - File Taxes With TaxACT. There is a question : "Whether you are a part time resident / Full Time Resident or Non-Resident". I am not sure...

Landlord promised to give lease now giving a hard time [ 3 Answers ]

Hi! I live in Queens, NY and I moved into my apt in September. My landlord promised to give us a lease that she was drafting it up. Now she is playing dumb as if she never said it. HELP!! I just don't know what to do and I feel like I am not protected because I don't have a lease. Now the...

Landlord report on time payments [ 2 Answers ]

Can my landlord report my on-time rental payments to the credit agencies?

View more questions Search