Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jessirich Posts: 41, Reputation: 2

Aug 6, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Computer screen problems
    My laptop's screen is making a high pitch sound, and it is darker on one side than it is on the other. Does it sound like maybe one of the lights in the back is going out, or could it be something bigger? I just don't want to spend much more money on a computer that I just bought a year and two months ago for $1,300.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 8, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Those symptoms can be an issue with the display's power supply inverter. Replacing it requires opening the laptop up. Part replacement cost should be less than $200 (US) depending on laptop model (possibly much less). Suggest you contact the manufacturer or a service center for your laptop and get a quote. It may still be under warranty if you bought it new.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Computer screen distorted [ 3 Answers ]

I need help in getting my computer screen clear. All pictures and backgrounds are distorted. What can I do? Please help if you can. Thanks.

Computer turned on, nothing on screen [ 9 Answers ]

I turned on my comp, power comes on but there isn't anything on screen as if I was away from my computer for a long period. I triple checked all wires, un-plugged and replugged everything, switch new monitor and it won't work. Someone please help me.

Screen freezes but computer still goes on in background [ 1 Answers ]

My hp m9040n computer screen freezes then goes blank but you can hear things going in the background like the computer is fine, I updated the nvidia driver, pleaaaaasssseee help

Computer screen [ 2 Answers ]

Hi I have 2 moitors and 1 PC ii was just wondering if I could plug both of the screens into that one monitor Please

Computer screen [ 4 Answers ]

Help! My computer screen has shrunk on the sides. Does anyone know how I can fix this and expand the picture back to full screen. Thanks, Nancy

View more questions Search