Ask
    ghalia Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 11:14 PM
    Firewall off in vista
    How can I renable firewall service in vista after is going off
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 7, 2008, 03:17 PM

Open Windows Firewall by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, clicking Control Panel, clicking Security, and then clicking Windows Firewall.

Click Turn Windows Firewall on or off. Administrator permission required If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

Click On (recommended), and then click OK.
    progunr Posts: 1,971, Reputation: 288
    Ultra Member

Aug 11, 2008, 07:17 AM
    ghalia,

I have Windows Vista on my laptop.

I use this EXACT method to turn my fire wall off or on ALL the time so please,
    Don't tell me it won't work.

I am running the 32 bit version, and I just checked another computer with the 64 bit system, and it works on that as well.

Sorry you can't figure it out, it really is quite simple.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Best firewall [ 7 Answers ]

I just want your suggistion that which is the best firewall I can use. Thanks in advance

Any free Firewall software for Vista? [ 2 Answers ]

Any free Firewall software for Vista?

To Vista or not to Vista that is a question... [ 9 Answers ]

Does your machine have what it takes to run Windows Vista. Find out HERE with this excellent online tool. (ActiveX is needed for this test) Now personally I will be running Vista on a test box. Hey I've got to at least try and break it, but there is no way it will be on any of my live machines...

Firewall block [ 2 Answers ]

Can I block a computer user from accessing a specific website if I have a firewall conrol panel?

Firewall gav/ips tz 170 unr [ 2 Answers ]

Hi There, I just want to ask that in our office they are going to put a firewall "gav/ips tz 170 unr" & "sonic wall 150" Will you please tell that, They can stop our Browsing or Yahoo, Msn Messengers? If yes then how I can get access over that. Thank & Regards

View more questions Search