Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pnkrkmama Posts: 16, Reputation: 5

Aug 5, 2008, 09:01 PM
    Weight gain side effects from mood stablizers?
    I am on an arrary of mood stablizing drugs. Is there any tricks to reducing the amount of the weight gain I am experiencing?
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 11:00 PM
    Other than trying to exercise and monitoring your diet closely, the only other alternative is another drug that actually offsets the weight gain. You can talk to your gp about this, but I highly recommend diet and exercise before resorting to another set of meds.
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Aug 6, 2008, 05:41 AM
    If you're gaining a lot of weight tell your doctor that that's a problem for you... ask if Topamex would be a good mood stabilizer for you... it actually work for your mood and makes you lose your some weight
    btrflykss1109 Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 9, 2008, 01:12 PM
    I am on a few of them myself along with others for my bipolar. When I started this treatment with my Psych I told him not to put me on anything that would make me gain weight. There are meds out there that won't cause weight gain and work. You just have to work to find the right combo for you. Tell your doctor about the weight gain and that it is bothering you and see if you both can change things up and find something that works without the side effects. It's worked for me. My Step mother had her meds changed 6 months ago and has lost the 40 lbs she had gained on her other meds. This is also without trying.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Side effects [ 4 Answers ]

Please can you tell me what side effects I will have to expect on superfact

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

What are the side effects of metoprolol succ er in adult males

If I can't climax, are there other ramifications? [ 4 Answers ]

My question is pretty straighforward (I think). Are there physiological effects that happen to a man when he's been aroused and doesn't climax? Thanks.

Side effects [ 1 Answers ]

Side Effects Of Finasteride In Women

View more questions Search