Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    davidcinco Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 08:37 PM
    HIPAA violation?
    I am active duty military and we are always told that we are protected by HIPAA. The other day I found out my medical provider told a joke about me to other medical staff regarding one of my diagnosed medical conditions. Is this considered a HIPAA violation?
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 03:37 AM
    It most definitely is, but do you have any actual proof this happened, or is it someone trying to make trouble ?
    jobaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 07:17 AM
    I need information on retreiving a lawyer for a HIPAA Violation in the Atlanta GA area...
    jobaby Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 07:19 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by davidcinco
    I am active duty military and we are always told that we are protected by HIPAA. The other day I found out my medical provider told a joke about me to other medical staff regarding one of my diagnosed medical conditions. Is this considered a HIPAA violation?
    Please Contact Health and Human Services in your local area. Or you can also contact the one in Washington DC and they will refer you to the one in your area. They will do an investigation on the matter. Good Luck...

Aug 6, 2008, 07:08 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    It most definitely is, but do you have any actual proof this happened, or is it someone trying to make trouble ?

The staff member that advised me of the incident is soft spoken and is well respected. They simply found the incident unprofessional and wanted me to know.

Aug 6, 2008, 07:10 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jobaby
    Please Contact Health and Human Services in your local area. Or you can also contact the one in Washington DC and they will refer you to the one in your area. They will do an investigation on the matter. Good Luck...

Thank you for the information.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Is this a HIPAA Violation? [ 12 Answers ]

Is it a HIPAA violation if I discussed a pt's care with her family? The mother had tried to kill herself and the daughter was her next of kin. She present when the care was rendered to her mom. All I said was "I was the one who started the IV on your mom" and my supervisor said I could get sued...

Hipaa violation [ 3 Answers ]

If someone repeates a rumor they heard about someone's medical condition, is this a hipaa violation? And can the person repeating that rumor be sued for slander?

Possible HIPAA violation? [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, Hope someone can help me determine whether this is a HIPAA violation or not. I was treated in a specialty clinic recently. At the time of checkout I had forgotten to bring money with me for the co-pay. Two other patients were waiting behind me and heard the finance person lecture me...

Hipaa violation? [ 1 Answers ]

Hi , I don't know if this is the right topic for the question or not, but here goes. I work in a hospital, and I was wondering if when talking to a co-worker outside of work Is it a hipaa violation to tell how many patients are on the floor, if that is all the info That you reveal?...

HIPAA violation [ 1 Answers ]

My grandmother lives at an assistant living facility. A nurse came into the dining room and changed her medicine patch at the table. Is this a violation of the HIPAA privacy regulations?

View more questions Search