Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Luv2Dance Posts: 56, Reputation: 7

Aug 5, 2008, 07:34 PM
    Diet Pill for Dogs?
    My doctor told me there's a diet pill for dogs out there. Anyone ever hear of it... try it... have feedback on it?
    I have a Toy Pin... she's 10lbs... 3lbs over weight... she's so chubby, it's just not healthy for her.
    ISneezeFunny Posts: 4,175, Reputation: 821
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 07:37 PM
    Yes, the FDA approved the diet pill for dogs... called Slentrol.

However, 3 lbs overweight isn't THAT much... before resorting to diet pills, try controlling the food intake and give it plenty of exercise.
    ms williams Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 6, 2008, 11:43 PM
    I don't know about a diet pill. My apbt was told she needed to loose at least 10lbs. I helped reach that goal by cutting her dry food and raw meat in half then supplementing the rest with cooked veggies and greens. That way she was still getting full with half the fat and less calories. She has slimmed from 84lb down to a sleek 72. It took about 3 months but she looks great and is more mobile.
    I still feed her basically the same diet. I have just upped her raw meat a bit to level off and maintain that weight now. She is just not as active as my other dog and does not require as much fat and protein as her sister.
    Merricat Posts: 32, Reputation: 5

Aug 17, 2008, 04:38 PM
    I don't think all the research is out there yet. Just because the FDA approves something, doesn't mean it isn't harmless!!
    And I completely agree--3 lbs is totally doable by the owner--cut back calories (snacks, food, etc.) and increase exercise. I doubt any vet would prescribe this med for 3 lb loss anyway.
    Good luck!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

HoodiaExtreme diet pill [ 1 Answers ]

I want to loose weight and know I'm going to need some help doing so I got hoodiaextreme dietary supplement. It says its suppose to act as a appetite suppressant, so has anyone taken this? If so how was it? And did it bring upon any type of side effects like the jitters, or restless nights. It says...

The diet pill Phentramine [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I was wondering if any one has used the diet pill called PHENTRAMINE, does it really work ? Does any one the side affects...

Ali diet pill. [ 10 Answers ]

I've heard that the ALi diet pill can make your stool oily and, how shall I say this, flowing? My co-worker was tellng me his wife took it and literally had to wear a diaper for a week... I can't do that... What have you heard/experienced?:confused:

The Ali Diet Pill [ 2 Answers ]

Can you take the Ali Diet Pill if you have a thyroid problem?

View more questions Search