Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    halofiti Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 07:30 PM
    Re doing root canal
    Before 16 years ago I have root canal and after that I have surgery (apicoectomy) .last year I put one bridge upper and now on tooth #8 I have pocket and I went to dentist ,they took x-ray and he said that the root canal failed and I have to do one more surgery.he said that if he do the root canal it is possibilities to loose the bridge so I don't believe in that but i.m scare to do one more time surgery and to have one more scar.Do I have to re do (I don't have any pain)and if I don't do what can happen,what is the possibilities.Im so scared please help
    flossie Posts: 1,903, Reputation: 181
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 03:49 AM
    I want to confirm tooth #8 (here in Canada we number our teeth differently), are you talking about your front tooth? How many teeth does your bridge replace? How deep is the "pocket", is there pus coming from the pocket? You may want to see a periodontist about the pocket before doing a retreat on the root canal. The periodontist can confirm whether the pocket is due to gum problems or tooth problems.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Root Canal Problem [ 8 Answers ]

After five years of 3 different re-constructions on a cracked/ decayed big back tooth, the nerve started to die (v.painful) and has been removed. I now have a temp filling and am awaiting full root canal treatment in a few (6) weeks. When I had temp filling it gave me a disgusting rotting food...

Root Canal [ 5 Answers ]

Hi There I just had the first part of a root canal done today... you know the part where they make a nice big hole in the tooth and take everything out... I have a temporary filling for now but I was wondering if there is anything special that I could do to "baby" this thing so there are no...

Root canal [ 2 Answers ]

I am on antibiotics for a root canal that is infected, it still swells and is uncomfortacle when I lay down at night. I had it exrayed , it wasn't cracked looked good, but is it bad since it won't get better at night. I have a temporary crown on it and when it swells is hits my bottom teeth is that...

Root canal [ 15 Answers ]

Hi I had a root canal and the tooth needs a crown, but I am petrified of the dentist. The tooth never had pain until the dentist touched my tooth two years ago. Now the tooth has pain every now and then. The other night that same tooth had pain, but the pain was gone in the morning. The next...

Root Canal [ 1 Answers ]

I have a root canaled tooth, #11, that is bothering me. I have had it for over 6 years. I got it xrayed and it showed that the post had fractured the tooth above the gumline. I was not given a choice of options on this, only to extract it. I don't want to do this. I know it can be saved somehow....

View more questions Search