Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    albinonerd13 Posts: 16, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2008, 05:16 PM
    New School Problems
    I've never been good with change... when I entered sixth grade and I started going to a new middle school, for the first few weeks I was late to class a couple times because the campus confused me and I cried every day, usually one or two times during class and a couple times at home. This year, I decided moving to a different school would be better. This new school had all of my old Elementary friends AND my sister went here. So I convinced my parents and they switched me. It's not working out how I had hoped. Sure, all my friends are here, but that doesn't help a bit! It's the second day of school today... I cried during/after school yesterday AND during/after school today. The campus confuses me even more than the campus of my last school! I've been late for three classes in two days. What's worse about the crying is that in my seventh period science class, you can't use the bathroom or go outside the classroom during class, so I have to sit at my desk, humiliated by my own tears. I'm completely miserable!

I felt almost the same way at the beginning of last year. What should I do? Should I return to the school I was at last year, simply because of the familiarity? I've started to talk to my parents about things, but we haven't thought of any solutions. I need help, desperately!

:(
    elj123 Posts: 21, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2008, 08:58 PM
    First of all, I would like to ask why exactly are you crying, what do you mean that the campus is confusing you. Are you saying that you feel lost in the big school?
    asking Posts: 2,673, Reputation: 660
    Ultra Member

Aug 13, 2008, 07:39 PM
    I agree with hottJen. First days are often really difficult.

I have another question. You call yourself "albinonerd." Is that because you are albino? If you are having vision problems and feeling different, that can make things a lot harder. But you will learn the campus layout and get used to that. I have a friend who is albino and he said that when he started high school he made sure to become the year book photographer, because then everyone was nice to him. He said it really helped. Maybe you could do something like that? Otherwise, just be patient. At this point, most people are having their own problems and won't pay too much attention to your own embarrassment.

If you are feeling really down a lot of the time, tell your parents and see if you need to get some other help whether with depression or with specific problems that are contributing to your difficulties. And it's fine to keep asking questions here. People would like to help!

Oh, one last thing. This is an incredibly difficult time of life for a lot of people, not only you. It's crummy, but it doesn't last forever. I thought I would die in 7th grade from all the embarrassing things I did or had happen to me. But here I am an adult and I lived through it and have a nice life. Be patient.

Good luck!
    Just Asking

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Night school for high school-aged people [ 15 Answers ]

I heard about there being night school for high school kids. In fact, I think a friend of a friend went to night school when I was in jr. high. I've searched Google, and can't find any listings or info for night schools in PA. Does anyone know if they exist for high schoolers, and where I could...

A few school problems [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, Im in Yr 9 and I started at my current school in... September. I have a few friends, but I don't really see them very much because they are in different classes to me and they are not in the same school house as me. The peole who are in my school house do not like me for some reason. One...

High school problems [ 2 Answers ]

Im a freshman and I have bad grades. I want to play football next year but I want to go to college and play football to. What can I do?:confused:

High School Problems [ 1 Answers ]

Okay, I am a freshman this year and all of this is new to me. I love the classes.. I just can't stand sitting there during block scheduling so that just makes it so I sit there and look at the walls and yeah.. They get an e-mail stating that I'm getting a D or lower in 2 classes. Then they...

Having problems @ school w/ some of my class mates. [ 4 Answers ]

Ok. I was in a summer program in this college and I got to meet different of other studemts. I talked to them and hang around with them, but then as school started in the fall they changed. We (my friend and I) and them didn't talk to each other anymore. They had their little group and somehow we...

View more questions Search