Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    J_9 Posts: 40,298, Reputation: 5646
    Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 04:16 PM
    Again, what is her age? 13 is a teenager, you know, LOL.

Have you never had the birds and the bees talk with her?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 04:18 PM
    That's a good point, what exactly is her age?

And she said that she hasn't had the birds and the bess talk, but is planning to.
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 04:20 PM
    The OP said she has tried and will have a talk with her, I guess again.
    Chery Posts: 3,666, Reputation: 698
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 5, 2008, 04:26 PM
    I think it's time to talk to all your kids - and not just about loving them no matter what, but about the dangers of unprotected sex and the risks they are taking.

In my opinion, you are taking a big risk with their health and lives if you don't start talking about important things in their lives. What on earth do you talk about when you talk with them, or are they always out and about??

It's far better to be safe than sorry, so start taking your responsibility as a parent serious, please.

Sorry if I am a little harsh here, but you wouldn't be in this predicament if you'd have thought about this a long time ago.

Good luck, I hope it all works out well for all of you.
    amy321 Posts: 45, Reputation: 4

Aug 5, 2008, 04:42 PM
    I have two boys. One is 16 and the other is 18. My girl is 17. I never had the birds and the bees talk with them. They are never home and with there girlfriends or boyfriends. I think there health is at rick if it is not all ready. I let them stay at there boyfriends and girlfriend house over night and I think it might be wrong. I am a good mom when they need me I am there but I never thought I would have to do this with me.
    Vision Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 04:44 PM
    Yes, you need to sit them down and talk to them. And from the sounds of things you need to spend more time with them.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 04:50 PM
    How long has she been having a boyfriend? Do she spend the night at his house? Does she have a curfew, but most importantly does she follow it?

I used to work at an abortion clinic and your be surprise of the diseases and abortions some had under the age of 16. It's always best for you to have a talk with them.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 04:57 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by amy321
    Yes I try talking to her about it but she said she was not ready and I think it is time too. I think she thinks I am going to be mad at her but I not. we all are going to love them all no matter what happens.

From this post I thought you have tried talking to her about sex. I guess I read it wrong.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 5, 2008, 04:59 PM
    I have two boys. One is 16 and the other is 18. My girl is 17. I never had the birds and the bees talk with them. They are never home and with there girlfriends or boyfriends. I think there health is at rick if it is not all ready. I let them stay at there boyfriends and girlfriend house over night and I think it might be wrong. I am a good mom when they need me I am there but I never thought I would have to do this with me.
    OK, this is a joke, right?? Sorry, but I'm NOT laughing! Where have YOU been all their lives??

I'm out of here...

Aug 5, 2008, 05:00 PM
    We all hang out on the weekends and go out do stuff. She has this boyfriend for about all most 4 years. She spends night at his house a lot. We need try to stop it but I think it is to late and it feels all my fault.

Aug 5, 2008, 05:02 PM
    No this is not a joke. I have been with them but it is hard to do this buy yourself and work.
    Vision Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 05:05 PM
    Millions of other people do it.

I think part of what Chery meant was "I'm a good mother when they need me".

Aug 5, 2008, 05:08 PM
    Because they go out and then they never come home. Then when I do tell them to come home and stay they go out when I am sleeping or don't come home from school.
    Vision Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 05:08 PM
    You are making excuses for not parenting. You need to know where your children are 24/7.
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 5, 2008, 05:09 PM
    No this is not a joke. I have been with them but it is hard to do this buy your self and work.
    Just for the plain fact that you wound up being a single and working mother, you should have educated and prevented the risk of your daughter winding up having the same hard life as you probably had trying to do the best.
    I was also a single working mom after my divorce, but my child was with me at home in the evenings and on weekends - just as millions of other single mothers.

Do what you can to correct this while you still can before it's too late.

Aug 5, 2008, 05:11 PM
    I am going to talk to them all I kind of talk to my girl and I know what is going on know. Then there father is going to have to start spending more time with them. I know
    Gone, But Not Forgotten

Aug 5, 2008, 05:13 PM
    Because they go out and then they never come home. Then when I do tell them to come home and stay they go out when I am sleeping or dont come home from school.
    If you lost control you should consider social service assistance... get help and don't be too proud to admit a few mistakes and help your kids.
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:15 PM
    Yes, that's a start. Also, make rules and enforce them. They should not be spending the night out without permission. Also, talk to them about drugs and alcohol, because you never know.

Edit* I meant never should they be allow to spend the night at their boyfriend/girlfriend house that's trouble and if they stay at a friend house you should have their number to confirm with the parent. Especially your 16 and 17 year old.

Aug 5, 2008, 05:19 PM
    Yes I made a few mistakes. Well I know this is going to sound bad but I think it is too late for the my girl but still going to try. I am going to try hard with my boys because this is not going to go on no more.
    Vision Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 05:23 PM
    It's never too late to be a good parent. Just because she might be pregnant, it doesn't mean that it's too late to be her mom, and care, and show that you care.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

This is to all girls. Even if your not a teenager [ 46 Answers ]

If you was to cheat on your boyfriend would you tell him or keep it a secret. This is just a question to find out how many different answers I get. My girlfriend and I are happy togather and she would tell me if she was cheating on me. I know that for a fact.

Teenager charged [ 5 Answers ]

My neighbour's son is 16, and has been charged with Assault and Robbery. The charges really sound bad, but they do amount to he and a friend assaulting a classmate and stealing a pack of cigarettes. This child has been caught shoplifting twice before, but charges were never laid, although the...

Disrespectful teenager [ 4 Answers ]

My son is 16 years old. He constantly argues about everything. He says things that are just mean. I don't know what else to do. He was cussing and pushing me when he lost his temper. I had him put in juvenile detention overnight. He was put on six months probation and started seeing a counselor. He...

Worried about my teenager [ 17 Answers ]

I have a 16 yr old son who has chosen to live away from home. He still lives in the same town as I do and asks for my help with money once in awhile. I have told him that I will buy him groceries if he has a stable place to live. He has moved in with my sister who is an alcoholic. I don't want to...

View more questions Search