Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 5, 2008, 01:00 PM
    3 Weeks 6 days Pregnants My symptoms shared
    I have seen so many posts on here and many other places where women are wondering if they are having valid symptoms very early on in pregnancy.. so I'm going to share, because I have had symptoms. Today was one day late on my period, I tested with two home tests,(one right away in the morning.. and one a few hours later) both have shown positive. I did keep track of the first day of my last cycle, so I could test 'effectively' not randomly.

I bought the tests yesterday and I actually debated on leaving them on the store shelf. I was so crampy and bloaty, I was sure the monthly was on its way.

I have had headaches, some not so minor - but then again mine never really are. I think intuition was taking the lead because I went and got some tylenol a couple of days ago for my headaches and I NEVER take that, I always take Ibuprofen, but of course, can't do when you are pregnant.

Yesterday, brushing my teeth - well, trying to brush my tongue I gagged 4 times, finally just gave up. The other day I did throw up, but just a little.

I've been tired, but not horrible - today I am yawning a lot and didn't sleep well last night.

I do not have sore boobs at all... I have lower back pain that feels crampy and that worries me but maybe it shouldn't .

I now have a little bit of a runny nose. My appetite has shifted completely. I don't feel as hungry, I mean, I can't eat as much when I sit to eat, instead I'm eating small amounts more often.

Two days ago I started chugging water like crazy, thirsty thirsty.

Oh.. also, indigestion. I NEVER get heartburn, never, only a gassy tummy once in awhile. Well, now it's creeping up and up and the other night when I ate brocolli it was almost instant discomfort following.

So far, these are my symptoms.. as new ones come about I will share for all those hopeful and/or curious people.

On a side note... this is my 3rd pregnancy, times 1 and 2 were both miscarriages, the last one last October. However, neither of those pregnancies showed on a home test, not even at 6 weeks. Wish me luck. I'm SO EXCITED!! :p
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 5, 2008, 01:02 PM
    Good luck to you & Congratulations!!

Aug 5, 2008, 04:34 PM
    Okay, apparently I was just a little bit too quick to jump the gun and did not count right, so... I am actually...

4 weeks, 1 day pregnant! : )
    Wantstoknow1 Posts: 10, Reputation: 2

Aug 5, 2008, 04:50 PM
    Congratulations! And take your folic acid. Nut were good for me for daytime munchies and low salt saltines may be a good choice for the morning. (You don't want to swell up too much.) Make sure you eat healthily because you need to get enough good stuff into you for two people and one of them doesn't even have a body yet. (All you need is nutrients to maintain your body but the baby is trying to build a body.) You might need to avoid italian food like I did while I was pregnant. I couldn't take the smell of garlic or onions and tomato sauce gave me indigestion. I ate a lot of bland chicken, green beans, carrots and baked potatoes.

Aug 5, 2008, 08:14 PM
    : )

I am eating, but I'm definitely not eating a lot at any time, I just can't stomach anymore - I feel so full, and then icky sick.

My back hurts! - like back cramps, feel the same as what happens when I get my monthly.

I need to get some saltines, ritz don't cut it

Aug 6, 2008, 12:07 AM
    I am so tired and am experiencing some sort of insomnia. Help! Is this at all normal?

Aug 10, 2008, 10:27 PM
    :D

I've done some searching on my own to find that insomnia is perfectly normal in pregnancy and actually affects a large percentage of women

My diet has taken a massive turn. I find that I don't crave empty calories much anymore (chips, chocolate, snacks, etc.). That's a huge change for me. I totally love food - especially the not so good for me stuff.

I'm eating salads, lots of proteins drinking water, and then more water... and then a little more water. Lol, milk and juice too. Oh yeah, I'm a Mountain Dewaholic usually - maybe have half a can a day now and that's it.

I was a smoker prior to realizing I was pregnant. I won't lie, I finished my pack when I found out - have had 2 drags off a cig in the last week, that's it. I'm awfully proud of that change as well.

I notice I feel full a lot. I can't eat big meals. In the morning I eat some saltines before I even try to get moving for the day, it really helps curb the nausea.

Constipation - yuck.. not having fun with that one and it's probably helping to contribute to this bloating feeling that won't go away.

I'm too emotional at times, but that's the hormones I guess. Kind of weird when tears form out of nowhere - very untimely sometimes.

I have acne normally, have had my whole life. I still have that, haven't noticed any huge surge in it - was afraid of that.

I got a Snickers Blizzard from Dairy Queen today - didn't do well by my stomach at all. Any clues as to why anyone? Maybe the sugar and chocolate don't agree with me being pregnant? Just wondering if anyone else experienced trouble with that.

Aug 11, 2008, 06:45 PM
    The ovary type pain is really bothering me. It's not that it's too painful, it's that it's really worrying me. I have miscarried before so I know that time will tell being so early on in the pregnancy.

I have no spotting, haven't been bleeding at all and haven't experienced any severely sharp pain.

Initially the throbbing, annoying pain was only in/around my left ovary - today it shifted and is in/around my right.

I have been putting my feet up as often as I can and just trying to relax, trying my best not to worry.

Was very nauseated this morning when my boyfriend sprayed some disinfectant spray in our kitchen - that was a quick wake me up and run to the bathroom to gag. Smells really get me right now.
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Aug 12, 2008, 07:45 AM
    Good luck.. and thanks for the daily post... They are a huge help and some great information!!

Aug 12, 2008, 12:59 PM
    :p Thank you - I wasn't sure if I was just rambling on or if someone was taking something from all of this! : )

And... the cramping continues, but I'm handling it. It isn't bending me over - so it's not horrible right. Just everything making room for everything to come is what I keep telling myself.

I put my feet up a lot. In between doing this and that I need to take a breather now and then even if I don't feel real tired I just lay on my bed, grab a book for a few or turn on the t.v for a little bit and prop up my feet. It's good to wind down no matter what.

The insomnia is KICKIN' my butt. My boyfriend is really concerned about it - but I think it's OK, just something I'll have to deal with. I'm sure soon enough I won't be able to function without a mid afternoon nap.

Every morning I drink a little bit of juice and eat a few saltines before I venture out of bed - that isn't changing at all. I get waves of feeling kind of warm but don't have a temperature running. My AC gets turned on a lot for short periods.

The girls (my boobs) are definitely bigger - holy smokes (lol - kind of fun), AND SORE.. my cat did a direct hit this morning and wow - I rolled her off me very quickly.

My baby's heart is going to start beating soon if it isn't already (it's so super cool to read about the development inside of you).

We have a name picked out for a baby girl but we are stuck for a baby boy and wouldn't you know that I dreamnt we had a baby boy the other day - and I was breast feeding (that was weird because I don't know if I will elect to do that or not).

We bought a little onesie the other day, with a little blankey - super cute.

Did I mention that with all of this we are in the process of moving out of town too - oh yeah, and I'm busy packing along with everything else. No worries though, my computer goes with me! : )

Hmmmmmmmm... I don't think that there is anything else new as of right now - Oh.. yeah, brushing my teeth really stinks right now - I get all gaggy every time. Did anyone have trouble with that as well? If so, is there a mild toothpaste that isn't so harsh when you're pregnant?

Will post again soon... : )
    Depressed in MO Posts: 571, Reputation: 94

Aug 12, 2008, 01:39 PM
    I had both insomnia and gagging w/ my teeth-brushing early on in my pregnancies. I've had 3 healthy babies. Sounds like you are doing well.

I don't know about the teeth-brushing, but the insomnia should go away-it may come back towards the end of your pregnancy... the bigger I became, the more uncomfortable I became. Everyone is different though. Good luck and congratulations.

Aug 14, 2008, 11:21 AM
    Hello Again Everyone!

My cramping has really subsided in the last couple of days - it's rather nice. It's awkward though, I worried that I had the cramping and now I worry that I don't have the cramping. I can't win.

Nausea still there every day before I get out of bed, sometimes it kind of wakes me up.

I have been having very vivid dreams. The other night I dreamnt that my boyfriend and I were picking clams out of the lake that my great uncle use to have his home on. I looked up the symbology and it said that it meant we would have a long and happy life. That night we went fishing down by the river - and get this, HE CAUGHT A CLAM! LOL.. I'm not kidding, it was a half a clam, but he literally brought it in on his line. I had to keep it. :o

Last night I dreamnt I went to the doctor and the ultrasound showed I was having twins, and then I proceeded in my dream to go into labor and actually had twins. Now, this is just a dream right? I could find no symbology on dreaming you are pregnant with Twins. I'm assuming this is just my pregnant mind at play since there isn't even a single set of twins in my or my boyfriends family. Any opinions??

I have a bounce to me when I walk now! LOL. My man had to point that out the other day, with a huge smile on his face. It's the girls (my boobs), they are getting bigger and fuller and they bounce now.

I'm emotional. I'm here and there. I actually bought my boyfriend a book called The Expectant Father. I figure everything is about us when we are pregnant and that hardly seems fair, besides, maybe it will help him to understand what I'm going through too. Sometimes I can't even understand the emotional swings so it has to be difficult for him. Sometimes I get instantly really cranky and it makes me feel bad, other times a tear comes from nowhere and I sit there feeling strange and like I want to bawl! : )

Okay, will post again soon, keep hoping the best for us please. I'm still a little over 2 weeks away from my first doctors appointment. I'm nervous about us moving too because I love my doctor and I want him to deliver our baby - guess I'll have to address that at that time.

Aug 14, 2008, 12:36 PM
    Ok just a question for you trylan, when you say you were tired during your first week or so were you like "cant keep your eyes open tired" or just "ready for bed alot earlier" tired? I have been really tired lately but not like so tired I can't function.. so IDK!! And as far as hormones making you moody, I am not moody just VERY VERY irritable, I keep 3 one year olds and usually I can handle it no problem now its like every time they all cry at the same time I start crying with frustration!! That is not normal at all for me... anyways that was my question and now I am just rambling!! Thanks and good luck to you and your man!

Aug 14, 2008, 03:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4babykirk
    Ok just a question for you trylan, when you say you were tired during your first week or so were you like "cant keep your eyes open tired" or just "ready for bed alot earlier" tired? I have been really tired lately but not like so tired I can't function..so IDK!!! And as far as hormones making you moody, I am not moody just VERY VERY irritable, I keep 3 one year olds and usually i can handle it no problem now its like everytime they all cry at the same time i start crying with frustration!!! That is not normal at all for me...anyways that was my question and now i am just rambling!!! thanks and good luck to you and your man!
    Hope I answer you thoroughly here. I was yawning a lot initially - and I still am yawning a lot to be honest, I feel wore down - but I can't sleep well and when I do I wake up often. Now, that is this time! The first time around that I was pregnant and ended up miscarrying I could hardly keep my eyes open past 7:30 or 8 o'clock at night. I'm half expecting that to happen this time too, maybe in a week or two more, or maybe it just won't happen yet.

I think Irritable is a good word for it - and YES YES YES, frustrated tears do fall, have fallen and will probably at odd times continue to fall. The emotional, as in sad, is few and far between compared to the instant pissiness (for lack of better wording).

Are you late? You may want to do a home test!! Did you know that when you are pregnant you actually count from the first day of your last period? That's how I am where I am at. It confused me, my boyfriend, even my mom. My first day of my last period was July 7th. That puts me today at 5 weeks, 4 days pregnant. Weird huh? It's true though, that's how it actually works. I took a Clearblue digital test. : ) (In no way are you rambling -no worries, and good luck to you too)!

Aug 14, 2008, 03:54 PM
    :p Here's a nice added detail. I was joking with my friend this morning because her family has had twins - I mean every generation of her family has had twins. Here I have this dream about having twins and there is no one at all in my family that has had twins so I'm thinkin' just a dream or it would really be a coincidence. Well... I just got off the phone with my mom and APPARENTLY there were twins on my mother's side, 2 generations back, AND on my father's side, skipped one generation. Soooooooo... LOL... yup, we shall see!;)

Aug 14, 2008, 05:18 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralyn
    Are you late? You may want to do a home test!!! Did you know that when you are pregnant you actually count from the first day of your last period?
    Did not know that you count like that, that is VERY odd, but no I am not late BUT I am on fertilityblend which makes you "regular", (I put it in quotes because I don't believe there is such a thing) and makes you ovulate (once again) "regularly". I did ovulate, first time I have ever gotten a positive OPK :) and we BD about 3 times during that 48 hours, so how knows!! But I should be getting AF around the 20th, so we will just have to wait and see... I am playing the waiting game now, and it STINKS!!

Aug 14, 2008, 05:23 PM
    That game is super tough to play.. BEST OF LUCK.. keep me posted!

Aug 14, 2008, 05:27 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Tralyn
    That game is super tough to play.. BEST OF LUCK.. keep me posted!

Same to you!!

Aug 14, 2008, 05:50 PM
    I would go with what your stomach tells you to eat. Don't buy a lot of stuff because you will probably get presents at a shower and after the baby is born. You'll save money and in the unlikely event you don't get many gifts you can buy them after the baby comes cheap at garage sales and resale shops. Put diapers on your gift wish list. I'm not kidding. Ten a day. Easy. A baby can poop 4 times a day, like every half hour. How do you know if another little bomb is coming? And you can't leave them in it because they'll get a rash. You just have to keep changing them as many times as it takes. Oh, and while I'm thinking about it, when the baby gets older it'll start to take off its clothes and diaper. Especially after it has pooped. Duct tape is wonderful for keeping the diaper on. Got to go.

Aug 15, 2008, 03:36 PM
    If you're already constipated you may not be getting enough fiber. Bear in mind that there are two kinds of fiber. Some have one or the other and some have both. There's the "clean your arteries" kind and the "go to the bathroom" kind. You want fruits and vegetables. But also make sure you get enough water. Another good solution is to drink a nice big glass of warm water-about as warm as you'd drink coffee or tea. As warm as possible. Prune juice mixed with warm water is helpful also. And grape juice. Or grapes.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late, a lot of symptoms but a negative test [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 19 and trying for a baby.. I'm 2 weeks late for my period but the test results negative... I have white, cramy discharge (sorry) sore boobs, feeling sicky, a lot of the time.. what should I do please help :(

12 days late with symptoms, negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my girlfriend told me that her midwife had recommended some gentle over the counter progesterone cream with wild yam to help her with low levels of prog. I knew that I too had low levels of Prog. Due to my short Luteal Phase. So I bought some and thought Id give it a try. The first...

STD symptoms 2 days after, is that possible ? [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-girlfriend 3 days ago... Today I discovered that I have a red rash on my inner thigh. It looks like a ringworm : red swollen perimeter and whitish center... I've been with her for more than 7 months and nothing like that ever happened. We had a break 3 weeks ago and...

Symptoms at 8 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

Wednesday will be 8 weeks since my last period. Yesterday I took 3 equate hpts all positive.. I took a first response around 11 and it was negative I'm so confused.. My head is killing me, my breasts hurt so bad I hafta sleep with a bra on and I'm sneezing like crazy! I know I need to go to the dr...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search