Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 10, 2008, 09:51 PM
    My thoughts are with you too.
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Sep 13, 2008, 08:50 PM
    Everything is still maintaing well. I have had no significant cramping, no spotting. I've been sleeping a little better at night. I still have very sore breasts, dealing with the metallic taste in my mouth - especially in the morning. I still have a lot of saliva in my mouth, drives me crazy - I feel like a spitting machine! The allergies are keeping the Puff's in business! Looking forward to next Wednesday and hopefully we'll know more then!

Sep 14, 2008, 02:40 PM
    I have significant stomach cramps and light spotting.. this may be the beginning of the miscarriage.

Sep 15, 2008, 10:06 AM
    This is not the fun stuff to post about, but you're along for the ride... so I'm keeping you informed. Last night was quite a bit of cramping. I took quite a bit of tylenol to help me out with that discomfort. I haven't spotted anymore since the little bit last night. The cramping is annoying, not tinges like before. I did notice a few days ago that the morning sickness had subsided.

We will see if we even need the ultrasound come Wednesday. There really is no way to tell except go day by day. The cramping yesterday was quite bad at one point. Between my back and my stomach it was kind of the 'bend you in half' cramping.

: (
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 15, 2008, 10:29 AM
    I'm so sorry you are going through this. We are all here for you. Please make sure you are drinking enough water.

Sep 15, 2008, 06:08 PM
    Thank you.. The cramping earlier got really awful and then I took tylenol and fell asleep for a nap. Right now I'm spotting very little, mild cramping but a low grade fever too - just enough to make me feel extremely hot. My appt. for Wednesday was cancelled. I have an appt. with my doctor tomorrow morning. Today was 10 weeks by the way. We move a week from tomorrow and the way I have been feeling now has slowed the packing down to an absolute crawl. This is so miserable - the not knowing for sure - but pretty much knowing for sure. My boyfriend wants so badly to be able to help me and he can't. The helpless feeling is awful.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 03:02 AM
    Wishing you some good news for tomorrow... however things turn out, rest and take it easy as much as possible.

Sep 16, 2008, 11:26 AM
    Well.. here we go - for all of you who have been with me through this pregnancy, we are coming to the end! : ( We had our appointment this morning and we did have an ultrasound - the baby was measuring smaller than it did 2 weeks ago and there was no heartbeat. Our doctor asked if we wanted to schedule the D&C. Since the baby is measuring the size that it is and since I have gone through a miscarriage about that size on my own before I am going to try and pass this on my own. I'm scared of the pain because it definitely is painful. I've had a tough time with the coming and going of the cramping and the spotting. The cramping gets horrendous - the spotting has been manageable, not too much to be concerned about as of yet. I will post again to let you all know how this has gone. Thank you for all of your support through this.

We do intend to try again once my body adjusts more back to normal and at that time we are hoping to be on progesterone to help with the strength of the uterine wall and to help maintain the early parts of the pregnancy..

: ( Sad days
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 16, 2008, 11:29 AM
    I'm so sorry for your loss. My thoughts and prayers are with you
    Uber Member

Sep 16, 2008, 01:37 PM
    So sorry... had hoped it would have turned out differently for you. Take care of yourself.

Sep 18, 2008, 07:10 PM
    The last time that I miscarried on my own at home it went rather quickly. This time it is going back and forth, back and forth. It is triggering major anxiety in me and I can't stand it anymore. The knowledge that my baby is no longer alive and that it isn't leaving my body is almost haunting me. I can't sleep at night and I do all that I can to not have massive anxiety attacks. I didn't think it could be this way, I guess I just thought that it always would pass through your body quickly. Painfully I know, but I thought quickly. I had to call the doctor today and try to schedule a D & C. I'm hoping to hear back from him tomorrow because I didn't hear from him today. This really - really sucks.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Sep 18, 2008, 07:36 PM
    I'm sorry that you're having to go through this again. I've had several miscarriages, due to MS they think. Roll on through it, girl. You will survive. Your strength has uplifted me at times.

Sep 19, 2008, 07:30 PM
    I read about a medication called Cytotec, which can be taken to 'help miscarriages along' if you choose to not go the D&C route. Because I would much rather go through this without having a surgical procedure I asked my doctor about Cytotec. I was prescribed the medication today. I took it about 5 hours ago. I was spotting some/very little on my own and had mild cramping. At this point the cramping is getting quite severe, spotting continuing a little heavier and I have a horrible headache. Cytotec is an option.. for those of you reading who may go through this on their own, just so you know. I will let you know later how this all turns out. It doesn't work in all cases - I think it's going to in mine. I will still have to follow up about a week later for an Ultrasound to be sure that everything passed. YOWSER.. miscarriages are painful.. holy moly.. wish it would go quicker than this now, want the healing to begin.

Simone.. I am so sorry you have gone through miscarriages too, I don't wish this upon anyone.
    Uber Member

Sep 20, 2008, 03:54 AM
    Sorry to hear you are in so much discomfort... one reason why some women choose to go with the DnC instead.
    In all likelihood, things will be finished today, so know that many are thinking of you. There is a chance you may still need the DnC if the miscarriage is not complete. Hopefully that won't be the case even though it is a very quick procedure and you won't remember it, but just because you wanted to avoid it in the first place with the Cytotec . Take care of yourself and rest up.

Sep 20, 2008, 08:13 AM

Thank you DoulaLC! I have been through a D & C before, I have also gone through a miscarriage at home before on my own. I asked my doctor about the cytotec because I have had many surgeries already in my life and under anesthesia many times. D &C's can leave scar tissue I have heard. I know it is painless and that part is fantastic. I just wanted my body to go through the process on it's own if it all possible. I will hear on Monday as to when the follow up ultrasound can be done to see if everyhing passed through.

I do think that almost everything is done now. I won't lie, last night was awful, but I knew it would be. There is still some happening today, but not to the degree of last night. I'll avoid too many details so it isn't a disturbing post. I did take Ibuprofen and Tylenol as my doctor said I could, in the amounts he said I could. I had 2 prescription pain pills left over from a previous procedure and once the ibuprofen and tylenol had run through my body I took those pain meds. I was sooooooooo thankful that I had those - they made a world of difference for me and allowed me to get some sleep last night. I called my doctor this morning and did get some pain meds prescribed to help with this discomfort.

It is so very sad but I have to be honest... I am thankful now that the healing can begin because for the last week I have been stuck in an between personal hell and it got harder every day. I never anticipated it would be that way, but it was.

Oct 3, 2008, 11:12 PM

I am all moved now - in my new place. It's probably a good time for the change. I'm feeling much better. I was able to throw myself into the moving and unpacking process although I physically felt very wore out with my miscarriage - I just kept pushing through it. I think it helped my mind out that way as well.

I had a follow up appointment with my doctor before I moved and they did a final ultrasound to be sure I didn't still need the D&C - all that remained was clotting, which passes on it's own so the D&C was not necessary. I was very glad for that.

I'm on my way to feeling better. In a couple of months we are going to go in to the doctor and talk about progesterone treatments - beginning right at conception, see if that helps us carry our baby to term.

Take Care - see you around the boards.

I will start a new topic when we start another journey. Thanks for going through this one with me.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Oct 4, 2008, 01:10 AM

Tralyn, I just found this thread. I'm so very sorry that you are going through this. My thoughts are with you and your boyfriend.

My last pregnancy resulted in a miscarriage, I actually started to hemorraghe and was rushed to the hospital for a D&C. The pain before going to the hospital was worse than labor pains and child birth, and I had both my kids naturally, so that's saying a lot.

You are a strong women, don't let this defeat you. We're all here if you need to talk.

Take care of yourself. :)
    tysonsgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 12:40 AM
    Yes, congrats! That is exciting news! Well, I already have a two year old little boy. He is amazing. Just my last period was the 5th of October. I think I conceived the 20th or so. Since then, I have pains in my breasts everyday... lots of cramping, nausea, eating habits, always seem little more hungry,acne breakout on my face and chest... ewww. And I remember one night my whole lower back hurt a lot. Calculators tell me I would be 4 weeks today... if I am pregnant, I'm scared to test until next week. Does it sound as if I'm pregnant? I just want some answers to see if I'm losing my mind or not.
    tysonsgirl Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Oct 30, 2009, 12:43 AM

Sorry, about my last post, I feel bad now! I joined when I typed my first post, so it only showed when you found out you were pregnant.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late, a lot of symptoms but a negative test [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 19 and trying for a baby.. I'm 2 weeks late for my period but the test results negative... I have white, cramy discharge (sorry) sore boobs, feeling sicky, a lot of the time.. what should I do please help :(

12 days late with symptoms, negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my girlfriend told me that her midwife had recommended some gentle over the counter progesterone cream with wild yam to help her with low levels of prog. I knew that I too had low levels of Prog. Due to my short Luteal Phase. So I bought some and thought Id give it a try. The first...

STD symptoms 2 days after, is that possible ? [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-girlfriend 3 days ago... Today I discovered that I have a red rash on my inner thigh. It looks like a ringworm : red swollen perimeter and whitish center... I've been with her for more than 7 months and nothing like that ever happened. We had a break 3 weeks ago and...

Symptoms at 8 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

Wednesday will be 8 weeks since my last period. Yesterday I took 3 equate hpts all positive.. I took a first response around 11 and it was negative I'm so confused.. My head is killing me, my breasts hurt so bad I hafta sleep with a bra on and I'm sneezing like crazy! I know I need to go to the dr...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search