Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 26, 2008, 02:46 PM
    So glad that you're approved for your new place. That's a load off your mind.

When I was pregnant, I had insomnia, it was awful. And once I got the flu. It was the worst flu ever. We are more susceptible to illnesses while pregnant, they say. Not being able to take a handful of ibuprofen is a trial when you hurt all over. The suffering is worth it though.

When I read about your threatened miscarriage, my first thought was, "LIE DOWN." If you feel like lying around in bed all day, do it. Can someone come and help you move your stuff? It would be best if you did as little of it as possible. It's hard for your boyfriend to not have a full helper. But, you, not helping may be the best chance for this baby.
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Aug 27, 2008, 07:04 AM
    YEAH for the new place and yeah for the ultrasound.. hope all goes well! Wish you were feeling better though! Just keep in mind how VERY lucky you are to be pregnant, if it makes you feel any better I would trade you spots in a heartbeat!! Well relax and don't overwork yourself you need to take it easy the next few weeks, and get out of the first trimester! Well good luck! Ill keep you in my prayers! :)
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 28, 2008, 06:22 PM
    Woke up yesterday morning with a metallic taste in my mouth - it's icky, I don't like it. I think even a little more unsettling than that is the amount of spit/drool that is constantly pooling up in my mouth - it's unbelievable. Have had some minor pain in my sides, feels like a stretching pain - so that's what I'm assuming it is. So far so good - I keep wondering what's really going on in there, wonder if it's a viable pregnancy, wonder if it could be a blighted ovum again (but then I think I would have spotted by now). There are so many things going on in my mind and I know I'm not in the clear yet.

Last night we went on a craving run... :p , it was pretty funny actually. I wanted ice cream, so first we were going to go to the Dairy Queen but I had second thoughts thinking the grocery store would be better and probably cheaper overall so we went there instead. Well, once there I was staring through glass door upon glass door of mouth watering ice creams and my mouth literally filled with saliva. I ended up wanting yogurt, sherbert and ice cream. I got some Edy's Natural Strawberry Banana yogurt pops (they are soooooooooo good) and I got some sinful icecream with fudge and peanut butter cups in it. Came home and ate a yogurt pop and what do you know, there was an ad for Burger King on the table! Off we went to Burger King, I had to have a Jr. Whopper. It was pretty comical, but it was all so good and I don't feel bad a bit. I think I have eaten very healthy for the most part so I think it's okay to indulge now and then. I haven't gained any weight that I can tell so it's okay.

I wonder about that already, besides my bigger than life boobs I don't feel sexy at all. I guess the bloatation and gas and all that stuff just doesn't contribute to a sexy feeling - oh, and the drool piling in my mouth doesn't feel sexy either.

My face is breaking out (DANG ACNE). That's an added perk that definitely isn't perky and I could do without. It isn't bad but definitely enough to annoy my emotional state.

My dreams are incredibly vivid - the other night was a horrible dream, I was actually shot in the head. I woke up gasping and twitching, literally could smell smoke when I woke up and tasted metal. It scared the crapola out of me, the worst predicament I have ever been in through a dream. Prior to all of that drama my grandpa was in that dream again too, I hugged him for what seemed like forever. It's kind of strange because we weren't very close when he was alive. I like that he's in my dreams though - and it always feels good when he is there.

I think that is all for now, still packing and trying to sort through what is going in storage and what will be with us. See you again soon!

Aug 28, 2008, 06:26 PM
    As far as moving goes.. I am packing the boxes, not lifting them - that's my boyfriends job! : )

I miss not using Ibuprofen too, but I haven't needed it lately - I am mostly grabbing for Benadryl now and then!

And... when I want to lay down I do! Thanks for posting to me - I appreciate everyone's posts and words of encouragement. It all means a lot. Realistically I'm not even close to out of the woods and 2 miscarriages before makes me very nervous. I'm hopeful and scared every day. You may not hear that through my texts but I really am.

Aug 29, 2008, 02:30 PM
    I had pretty significant cramping last night. It really gets me worked up, I can't stand it. My lower back was hurting quite a bit last night, no matter which way I was laying down. I couldn't sleep, was tossing and turning - super worried about what it all could mean. I had crampy tinges in the front moving back and forth too. Less than a week away from this ultrasound and I am so nervous. I want this to be viable so badly, if not my chances of miscarrying jump to 50% because of my previous history.

Aug 30, 2008, 11:11 AM
    I was sick all day yesterday, finally kept some food down in the evening. Everything I ate prior to 9 p.m came right back up. The metal taste in my mouth in the morning is very strong and icky. Other than that there isn't much new to report. I do have a hard time in the grocery store. I find myself both drooling and ready to gag - it's quite the mixture.

My allergies continue to be a pain.
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 30, 2008, 11:23 AM
    Aww morning sickness is the worst isn't it,I was pretty much the same couldn't even keep water down never mind any food! Keep us updated :-)

Aug 30, 2008, 07:25 PM
    It's strange to me how this morning sickness moves around all over the place during the day. Sometimes it isn't at all in the morning and full blown in the afternoon and evening. Sometimes it's the other way around. When I feel 'normal' I wonder if something is going wrong.

I did come to find that Ginger Snaps and Beef Jerky do not help me with nausea.. however, since Ginger Snaps have such a strong taste they are wonderful to help get rid of the metallic mouth problem.

Aug 31, 2008, 02:09 AM
    At to a.m I was puking up the fantastic pickles my boyfriend bought me today. You have got to be kidding me.. geez - this isn't easy at times at all. I'm tired, and nauseous, and I have a lump in my throat and I just want to crash and sleep but I keep having to get up to pee... and then there's that lump in my throat!

OH BABY... 7 months to go!:D

Aug 31, 2008, 06:31 PM
    Last night was by far my worst night, leading into my worst day. I told my boyfriend that if the full 9 months feels like this I don't think I could have another child. I threw up so violently last night it felt like it was coming from my toes. Unlike when I first started to feel 'morning' sickness it hasn't been going away near as swiftly as it once did. In fact, I feel sick since last night. I spent the majority of the night in the bathroom and almost all day today in bed. I can't tell if I have a bug on top of the pregnancy but I don't think so because I have no fever.
    Today it was difficult to eat anything but I know from all of my literature it's absolutely not okay to go without eating, especially right now. So, I've forced bits here and there. Right now I'm lucky enough that I don't have to deal with a full time job. I simply cannot imagine trying to cope with that and the way that I feel at the same time. I am super glad we didn't have plans for this holiday weekend, they would have been completely spoiled. Ultrasound on Wednesday... and hopefully I'll be feeling better any minute now.
    simoneaugie Posts: 2,490, Reputation: 438
    Ultra Member

Aug 31, 2008, 08:05 PM
    It is wonderful to be taken along on your story. Thank You for sharing. And good luck at the ultrasound.

If you hang on to this baby, don't worry, it gets different. The first three or four months were the most difficult for me. Then it was smooth sailing until the last month where there is just so much baby in you that delivery seemed like a good idea. (Delivery isn't "bad" but it's a big deal.)

The dream you had, hmmm. That's got me thinking. The metallic taste in your mouth (not from the dream) probably has an organic cause. I wish a nurse would come on-line and give some insight.

The baby is a real person in there. Weird dreams can be a factor of you connecting with that tiny person growing inside you. Do you keep a journal? It can be interesting to share your pregnancy with your child, much later of course.

Sep 2, 2008, 06:19 PM
    Thank you for your post! I'm glad you are peeking in on my journey. I am not currently keeping a journal. I do have one. I am waiting for my doctor appointment tomorrow, the ultrasound. I don't want to start another journal that gets ended abruptly so I just want to wait and see what the doc says and then I figure I'll do a whole lot of copy & pasting and printing from here to fill in the beginning part of my journal.

Had to buy new bras today. Had to get a couple of larger ones and had to get a couple with no underwire. I LOVE UNDERWIRE normally but I can't handle it right now, seems to be so uncomfy and drives me crazy.

My boyfriend is super excited for tomorrow. I am too but I guess I'm more on the cautious side - I'm so nervous because of the first two pregnancies. I am very scared, I really want this to be okay.

Since the boobs have been growing so much I bought some Cocoa Butter stretch mark lotion today. I figure I might as well start applying that sooner verses later. My boyfriend just smiled. Of course the bigger boobs are so far his favorite part, the moodiness is so far his least favorite part.

Well, nothing too new to report. I have not been as sick the last day and a half. I have actually been keeping things down. Wonder how long that will last now? We will see!

Sep 3, 2008, 12:55 PM
    Well.. we had our ultrasound this morning. On top of being Extremely worried now and confused we are on pins and needles. First of all - the baby is measuring that we are 6 weeks 1 day pregnant. This is a concern because of when we tested positive. The yolk sac is very large in propotion to the child, which is usually indicative of a miscarriage to come. The baby's heartbeat is at 72, which is very low. So... not good news, but no spotting, no cramping - so all we can do is wait - and worry tremendously. Another ultrasound is scheduled for the 17th of September. Our Doctor is thinking if this is going to miscarry I will probably start with the spotting and cramping before then.

Think good thoughts for us please, whoever reads this... it would be appreciated. Thanks.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 3, 2008, 01:06 PM
    Sending you prayers and good thoughts~~~~~~~

Sep 3, 2008, 02:28 PM
    The yolk sac is at 6mm.. not larger, not smaller - right there. What I'm finding on this with my searches doesn't sound promising. :(
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Sep 3, 2008, 03:05 PM
    When I had my 1st sonogram. They said my yolk sac was oddly mishapen and could cause miscarrage. My son had his 1st day of kindergarten today. So I'm praying for you and wish you the best.

Sep 6, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Thank you very much. I am so worried. I haven't cramped, haven't spotted. I'm so worried about the fact it's showing 6 1/2 weeks now and should be at 9 weeks on Monday by my calendar and my tests. I don't even know what to think, this is so confusing and worrisome. I have cried so much in the last few days and have gotten such bad sleep. I hope for the best but it's so hard.. it's driving me nuts.

Sep 7, 2008, 03:38 AM
    Okay, I'm not sleeping tonight. I don't feel the best so I thought I might as well jump on here and post how I've been feeling physically and leave the emotional out of this one.

I had some cramping earlier tonight that kind of scared me. I expected it to get worse but it didn't , it went away.

I've had severe nausea the last 3 nights. I start to feel cruddy and it works its way up until I can't handle it anymore and throw up and then I feel better - at least for awhile.

I've been sneezing like mad, have gone through boxes of Puffs with lotion. If there wasn't kleenexes with lotion I don't think half of my nostrils would exist anymore.

Besides me worrying like crazy and paying too much attention to every little tinge right now I feel pretty much the same physically as I did before the ultrasound. The nausea moves it's way around and the sleeplessness is playing games on me right now, however I think that has to do directly with the ultrasound appointment. I dream now of a child with disabilities (since I've given you bits and pieces of my dreams earlier).

I'm eating good, trying to sleep best I can and taking care of myself. Time will tell - will keep you updated on new symptoms or whatever may happen.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Sep 7, 2008, 05:04 AM
    Still keeping you in my thoughts... hoping you will find some peace of mind on the 17th. I know the waiting is hard, do what you can to keep yourself busy and your mind occupied.

Sep 10, 2008, 06:51 PM
    Okay everyone.. things are maintaining, pretty much staying the same. I've been pretty stressed out but I have felt all right. I've had some cramping which is scary but nothing too bad and I haven't spotted or anything. Pregnancy symptoms are still going strong so I don't know.. I don't really think I'm going to lose this baby. Only time will tell. One week away from the ultrasound. Will keep you updated!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late, a lot of symptoms but a negative test [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 19 and trying for a baby.. I'm 2 weeks late for my period but the test results negative... I have white, cramy discharge (sorry) sore boobs, feeling sicky, a lot of the time.. what should I do please help :(

12 days late with symptoms, negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my girlfriend told me that her midwife had recommended some gentle over the counter progesterone cream with wild yam to help her with low levels of prog. I knew that I too had low levels of Prog. Due to my short Luteal Phase. So I bought some and thought Id give it a try. The first...

STD symptoms 2 days after, is that possible ? [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-girlfriend 3 days ago... Today I discovered that I have a red rash on my inner thigh. It looks like a ringworm : red swollen perimeter and whitish center... I've been with her for more than 7 months and nothing like that ever happened. We had a break 3 weeks ago and...

Symptoms at 8 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

Wednesday will be 8 weeks since my last period. Yesterday I took 3 equate hpts all positive.. I took a first response around 11 and it was negative I'm so confused.. My head is killing me, my breasts hurt so bad I hafta sleep with a bra on and I'm sneezing like crazy! I know I need to go to the dr...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search