Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tralyn Posts: 230, Reputation: 17

Aug 15, 2008, 11:32 PM
    Thanks on the fiber tip! Been doing okay with that, nothing too uncomfortable - think I've done well on the fiber intake but OF COURSE, love the tips! : )

Okay, so what's new with me and my body... HMMMMM!!

Not too much besides big dizziness spells today, like quite a few of them. I found myself afraid I was going to pass out - more than once. After referencing my books I came to find this is normal - although not the most comfortable in the world.

I have to pee a lot. Geez. I already have a bladder that has it's share of troubles so this is going to be quite interesting. We are reaching that point now where I miscarried in the past.. I am so nervous - but so excited that this will be a good pregnancy. Hoping and hoping.

I decided to where my tiny clothes right now - lol. I don't have a lot of them and I don't wear them often but I figure I better while I can right? : ) Probably silly but oh well - having fun with it.

Our plans to move have been set back temporarily, our place of choice has fallen through - so that hunt continues.

I'm having a very hard time dealing with my boyfriend's mother right now - she is extremely opinionated and pushy about every decision we make and it is affecting our relationship. I talk to my boyfriend about it but it still goes entirely too far. Any tongue biting ideas from anyone? She does not know we are pregnant right now because it is so early on and we've chosen not to share with family yet. Very recently I got drilled (for lack of a better word) on us possibly getting pregnant too soon in our lives. We are both over 30 - she was under 20 when she was first pregnant. It wasn't as if she just voiced her opinion either - she kept pushing and pushing. It's very hard to not explode or just end up bawling at some of the things she says right now - believe me, it's not just our pregnancy she buttinskis on. I know her intentions are good, however, too pushy is too pushy.. and our lives are not hers to live. Know what I mean?

Okay.. back to the pregnancy, the focus of the topic! : ) I keep picturing this small little being forming inside of me... seems unreal because everything is incredibly small right now.

Am in the process of picking brains about Nursing too, am weighing that as an option (see other post - Nursing Questions).

That's my post for the day, will post again soon!
    trying4babykirk Posts: 123, Reputation: 7

Aug 16, 2008, 06:05 AM
    Well my friend all I can say about the mother in law is GOOD LUCK!! Remember when you do tell her your pregnant, its her loss if she is not excited don't let that get you down.. its your life and its not like she is raising you and can tell you what to do or not to do!!

We had the same situation with my MIL wanting us to move to Colorado where they up and moved to after my hubby graduated and left him here in TX and I finally told Jeremy look tell your Mom that we are not moving there and tell her to quit asking, also our degree's were not valid in other states, and so he did and it stopped when you don't give them a choice they will usually stop!!

Good Luck and don't let her get to you too much! Enjoy your pregnancy, you are blessed to have that little one growing in you.. so BE HAPPY!!
    mamab3ar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 16, 2008, 01:05 PM
    I believe I am about 2 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I'm 35. I'm 5'8" and 140lbs. Right now. This will be my first child and I will probably have the baby May 3, 2009.

How old are you? How tall are you and how much do you weigh?

Aug 16, 2008, 02:42 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by trying4babykirk
    Well my friend all I can say about the mother in law is GOOD LUCK!!!! Remember when you do tell her your preggo, its her loss if she is not excited dont let that get you down..its your life and its not like she is raising you and can tell you what to do or not to do!!!

We had the same situation with my MIL wanting us to move to Colorado where they up and moved to after my hubby graduated and left him here in TX and I finally told Jeremy look tell your Mom that we are not moving there and tell her to quit asking, also our degree's were not valid in other states, and so he did and it stopped when you dont give them a choice they will usually stop!!!

Good Luck and dont let her get to you to much!! Enjoy your pregnancy, you are blessed to have that lil one growing in you..so BE HAPPY!!!!!!
    Thank YOU!! I need my boyfriend to gently say the 'back off' but he just can't do it. The one time he stood up to her she got all offended and then it hurt his feelings. I am totally happy - will remain so.. she's just irkin me and I wish she could just realize that we love her, we have no problem with her opinions as long as she isn't so dang pushy with them.

Aug 16, 2008, 02:44 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by mamab3ar
    I believe I am about 2 weeks and 2 days pregnant. I'm 35. I'm 5'8" and 140lbs. right now. This will be my first child and I will probably have the baby May 3, 2009.

How old are you? How tall are you and how much do you weigh?
    Hi mamab3ar.

Are you counting from the first day of your last period? That's how you count how far along you are -weird I know, it threw me for a loop too.

I am 32 years old. I am 5' 4 1/2... 5' 5 if I stand on my toes. I weigh between 135 and 140 I'm guessing. I don't own a scale so I'm not positive. I think my baby will be coming mid April - April 13th. : )

Are you excited? I am!!

Aug 16, 2008, 02:49 PM
    Today's log...

Let's see...

Nothing new to report besides vivid dreams, people from my past hanging out in my dreams and 2 of my old dogs! Every time I see them in my dreams I wake up sad, had to give them up 3 years ago and it still hurts my heart.

I made myself some fried cabbage today. OMG.. if you have never had it it is so good... cabbage and bacon and onions and salt. LOL.. there is one tiny little plate left from a whole frying pan full. Oops - it was good.

My nausea seems to be bothering me earlier every day. I'll stir in my sleep very early, wake up just a little bit and I'll feel that nausea just creepin' on me. It sucks. I try to fall asleep again really quick but I can never beat it - it escalates , gives me an indigestion feeling and I end up having to sit up and eat some crackers to calm it down. About 15 minutes later I can lay back down.

Nothing new other than that right now - OH.. beside I got a ton of garden fresh veggies this morning from my friends mom! YUMMY. That's where the cabbage came from, onions, carrots, cucumbers, green beans, peas, potatoes and tomatoes. Good stuff for me!

See you soon!

Aug 18, 2008, 01:11 PM
    Glad to hear things are going good for you... I should have some news the towards the end of next week, maybe it will be good maybe not so good.. we shall see.. ill let you know!

By the way I look forward to reading your post everyday.. maybe weird I know but they are interseting!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 18, 2008, 09:43 PM
    Try protein for your nausea... and anything with ginger in it... ginger snaps, ginger ale, or some good ole chinese food with just a bit of ginger... also beef jerky works too... had a horrible about of all day sickness there for a few with the twins but after awhile it went away... they are now going to be two at the end of the month...

Aug 19, 2008, 04:33 PM
    Thanks Guys!

I am eating protein, in fact lots of it. In all honesty, I'm so busy trying to get enough of all the good for me stuff in my system that I really don't have room to eat the not so good for me stuff!

I haven't really been symptomatic at all today - a little uneasy this morning but not horrible. Car rides aren't the best for me on an empty stomach.. ICKY. I get nausea once in awhile in a car anyway and use to get car sick all the time when I was little. I guess with the pregnancy the motion just doesn't settle all that well.

I had a very vivid dream last night, in fact, I'm almost positive I was truly visited by my Grandpa in my dream. He reached his hand to me, and me to him, I grabbed his hand with both of mine and soaked him in. He disappeared and I began to sob, I woke up sobbing. That took awhile to quit - holy buckets, it was a hard cry for the beginning of the day. My dreams have been INCREDIBLY vivid. Not all of them have been the best, most of them have been pretty good though.

We went to look at a home to rent today, long story short, my pregnant nose got one wiff of the cat pee all throughout the upstairs and that settled that. NO WAY! We have 2 cats, but they don't go potty outside of their litterbox. UGH - it was nasty, totally grossed me out.

I went and got a ton of fruit last night, and some TOTAL cereal (all those goodie vitamins and minerals for you) They came out with some Cinnamon Crunch - it's very comparable to Cinnamon Toast Crunch, but much better for you - and then of course, their raisin bran. Got some fresh prunes from the produce dept. too! LOL.. help with the pebble poopin' I like to call it! : ) Sorry if that's too detailed.

Myth... I'm going to pick up some ginger snaps I think - and beef jerky - num. Wouldn't hurt to try right? After all, dry saltines are already getting very old.

See you soon!
    Myth Posts: 897, Reputation: 147

Aug 20, 2008, 01:05 AM
    Helped me... lol... I hated saltines... just too dry for me... loved them in some creamy soup though... lol

Aug 20, 2008, 03:41 PM
    Good to know everything is going good for you!! Glad you are feeling well!
    mamab3ar Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 20, 2008, 05:41 PM
    Went to the ER today. They said I have a "Threatened Miscarriage". I believe I have miscarried. It's OK. I'm not depressed, sad, or anything like that. I started bleeding with cramps on Aug 18th at night. Then, all day Aug 19th (Tues; yesterday). The cramping stopped yesterday, but I am still bleeding today (Wed night).

They did several tests, including an ultrasound. They couldn't see anything. My hcg level may have gone down, too, since I took the HPT on Aug 11 (when I first started testing).

I did some heavy-lifting before I knew I was pregnant (before Aug 11) and also did some heavy-lifting on Aug 17 (I'm a dj, lifted speakers). So, I don't know if that's what did it, but again, I'm not depressed or upset. Just glad we caught it now instead of months later to discover something was really wrong.

I am going to still believe I am "pregnant", though, and still take my prenatals and eat as if I was pregnant, getting enough calcium, folate, iron, and all the good stuff. My symptoms have subsided, too, since yesterday. Again, don't feel sorry for me. :) I'll be OK. Just wanted to let you know.

Aug 17, Sun night, saw brown spotting.
    Aug 18, 3PM Started bleeding a lot.
    Aug 19, woke up with cramping until 4PM.
    Aug 20, still bleeding and went to ER. - They said "Threatened Misscarriage".
    Next step: I have to go to an OB/GYN and do another blood test to see if my hcg level has dropped below "6". If it has, then the doctor has to figured out if he has to do a D&C.

My period was suppose to start Aug 9. The hospital said I was pregnant, but with little hcg today (Aug 20).

MAmAb3ar

Aug 21, 2008, 03:50 PM
    mamab3ar - I am hoping the best for you! You are in my thoughts!

Aug 21, 2008, 03:53 PM
    I have nothing new right now to report besides my sinuses are draining like crazy and I can't keep up with the kleenexes - actually I need to get some kleenexes - I'm out and toilet paper is rubbing my nose raw.

Got diarrhea today - that kind of concerned me but then I figured it was probably the fresh prunes and I didn't think more of it - I suppose any more of that and I'll give my doc a call.

Going to look at another place tomorrow, hopefully this one is nicer (and not pee ridden would be nice).

I went to a movie last night - some of the camera shots got me super dizzy - had to leave the theatre for that and then of course the bathroom visits - I've never missed so much of a movie in a theatre before. Hancock is pretty good for anybody peekin' in on my posts.

Aug 22, 2008, 03:46 PM
    Okay - well we FOUND A PLACE TO LIVE. I'm so excited, I don't feel so between anymore, what a great relief! We will know for 100% sure on Monday - but we see no reason that we shouldn't get it!! YAYYYYYY! :D

So far my least favorite pukey moment was today. While I was brushing my teeth with my cinnamon toothpaste up came my Total raisin bran. YUCK! It was disgusting - bad mix. I have decided that nothing works for me in the morning unless saltines are in my tummy first - just nothing replaces that base for me.

The crampiness - left and right tinges are back, scaring the crap out of me. I think I'm in the bathroom every half hour to be sure I'm not spotting. Geez.

With all the happiness of moving comes the 'OH NO, have to find a new doctor'... :eek: OMG, that has me in a bit of a tizzy. I meet with mine on Sept. 2nd, so I hope he has some advice for me. I'm very comfy with my doctor right now, after all, he was with me through the first two that didn't come to be - so there is that history there, the trust and understanding.

I will try to post as often as I can, may miss a couple days here and there since I'll be packing like a maniac.:p

Aug 22, 2008, 11:38 PM
    I'm sooooo tired, dang sinuses. They've been all right all day and now when I'm trying to sleep the nostrils clog, roll over - and the other one clogs worse. Blow my nose, sniffle-sniffle... drip, DANGIT.. LOL. It keeps reminding me I'm pregnant so I'm OK with it, just not snoozin' right now. :p

Aug 24, 2008, 01:06 PM
    I feel miserable - there is no other way to put it. I had a mild fever last night, my head is so stuffed I can barely breathe - I feel fluish today but have no fever at all. I threw up again this morning, just want to lay down all day, in fact I probably will.

It's hard to drink a lot of water when your stomach is doing somersaults. I've been taking Benadryl for my stuffy nose but I don't want to constantly take something so I'm taking it here and there, usually one pill instead of the 2 (the OK dosage for adults) - now and then I take both. I take tylenol for my headaches/fever. Did anyone else just feel awful like this? Is it here to stay or does it pass?

Aug 25, 2008, 11:31 PM
    Still just not feeling the best, a little crampy but nothing horrendous. I've been pretty moody lately, a lot going on. 7 weeks today! :p Oh... and we are approved for the new place!
    joanne 1986 Posts: 165, Reputation: 7

Aug 26, 2008, 01:57 PM
    At the beginning of my pregnancy right up to about 7mths I felt really awful I suffered terrible headaches,nausea,toothache! It does get better though you might find you'll be like this for a few weeks then will soon start to notice the diffrence! Good luck with your move and everything!

Aug 26, 2008, 02:37 PM
    Thank you!

I am feeling awful, the nausea has been persistent all day. It actually wakes me up when my stomach is empty - and I can't get by it today no matter what. My allergies are horrible too, could just about scratch out my eyeballs and my nose is raw. I've upped a bra size already, make that a bra size and a 1/2. I'm cramping here and there but telling myself it's not bad (doesn't seem too bad). I have an ultrasound scheduled now for Sept. 3rd. Since my first pregnancy was a blighted ovum and the 2nd was a miscarriage but a valid pregnancy we are going to peek and be sure all is okay - I sure hope it is, would be crushed this time around if something went wrong.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

2 weeks late, a lot of symptoms but a negative test [ 10 Answers ]

Hi, I'm 19 and trying for a baby.. I'm 2 weeks late for my period but the test results negative... I have white, cramy discharge (sorry) sore boobs, feeling sicky, a lot of the time.. what should I do please help :(

12 days late with symptoms, negative HPT [ 2 Answers ]

Recently my girlfriend told me that her midwife had recommended some gentle over the counter progesterone cream with wild yam to help her with low levels of prog. I knew that I too had low levels of Prog. Due to my short Luteal Phase. So I bought some and thought Id give it a try. The first...

STD symptoms 2 days after, is that possible ? [ 2 Answers ]

I had unprotected sex with my ex-girlfriend 3 days ago... Today I discovered that I have a red rash on my inner thigh. It looks like a ringworm : red swollen perimeter and whitish center... I've been with her for more than 7 months and nothing like that ever happened. We had a break 3 weeks ago and...

Symptoms at 8 weeks [ 3 Answers ]

Wednesday will be 8 weeks since my last period. Yesterday I took 3 equate hpts all positive.. I took a first response around 11 and it was negative I'm so confused.. My head is killing me, my breasts hurt so bad I hafta sleep with a bra on and I'm sneezing like crazy! I know I need to go to the dr...

I am 5 days late, no symptoms, negative HPT. [ 2 Answers ]

HI, I am on CD 36 right now, with 28 to 31 day cycles. I have never been this late. The thing is though is that Im not experiencing any symptoms besides some cramping and tiredness. Well, actually my breasts started hurting a little today, and some waves of nausea here and there. I took a...

View more questions Search