Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    AirDhiver Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Apr 4, 2004, 02:59 PM
    Email prog/app. Question?
    Here is a question, I saw a posting question inquiring about a chat line program seen in the movie EUROtrip. I have some what of the same question...
    In the movie the main character has an Email Programthat says " Mail Fu**head!" I really though it might be interesting to have the program. I went looking for a different email application, though all I could find really is Microsoft Outlook. Then I thought the program was linked through AOL, but AOL doesn't offer anything similar. The program seemed to have a screen saver of a mailbox also that would notify you when you had mail. Does anyone one know of a program like this??
    psi42 Posts: 599, Reputation: 13

Apr 4, 2004, 09:04 PM
    Re: Email prog/app. Question?? L@@K!
    That's going to be a new feature of AOL for Broadband. With all the new super security features that AOL is creating to lock down their wondrous proprietary dialup routines and their efforts to provide truly realistic targeted advertising, they're thinking to improve their mail system as well. I'm sure the super-intelligent folks over at America Online/Time Warner/Small Countries Inc are working on a suitable apt replacement message for "You've Got Mail" as we speak.

;D

Seriously, it's probably just a mock-up. Probably the makers of the movie just worked up some nice facelift program to make it easier for people in the audience to see.

However, I would have to admit I would be interested if someone decided to create a mail program of that name. Go for it. :)
    retsoksirhc Posts: 912, Reputation: 71

Apr 6, 2004, 10:18 PM
    I know my dad used IncrediMail for a while, it was a pretty decent mod for Outlook Express. If you get a mod for it, or even just using AOL, you can probably find some way to replace the voice messages ("You've got mail" is so generic... ). That might be a fun project, giving the computer human like speech, heh.
    simonj Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jun 6, 2004, 11:45 AM
    Graphically, the closest program you will find to the movie email program is probably incredimail -- it has little special effects and things. But I think one of the other guys was most likely right when he said it's just a mock-up made to look good for the movie. Probably a flash animation or something. Still, if anyone knows different let us know!

As for the sound, which I think is Mr. T saying "Mail, Mother******!!!", I found it through Google at:

http://blog.lundwall.se/archives/000031.php

And:

http://www.arr-the-kraken.com/archive.php?month=200402

Here's how you change the email sounds in Windows XP:

AOL: You will need to go to where AOL keeps its wav files on your hard drive. AOL 9.0 uses several locations:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0\sounds

And:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\AOL\C_America Online 9.0\aolshare\sounds\US\Default

And:

C:\Program Files\America Online 9.0\sounds

You can copy and paste those paths I just gave you into Windows Explorer (My Computer) or Internet Explorer and it should take you straight there.

You will need to do the following procedure in all three locations:

In each location, look for "gotmail.wav" and "moremail.wav" and rename them "old_gotmail.wav" and "old_moremail.wav" then copy your Mr. T wav file into that folder and rename it "gotmail.wav" then copy it in there again, and rename it "moremail.wav", so you've basically replaced the original sounds with Mr. T. AOL doesn't know the difference and hey presto, you get Mr.T every time you get new mail.

For Outlook or Outlook Express, just open up Control Panel, open "Sounds and Audio Devices" and click on the Sounds tab. Here you can select "New Mail Notification" and Browse for your Mr.T wav file. Click OK and you're done. Easy!

Hope this helps,

Simon.
    Tsunami713 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Sep 14, 2008, 08:58 PM
    the closest program I've seen to that is a program called you've got mail. I have it on my PC along with that mail mutha fu^^%ker lol

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Distance learning prog. [ 2 Answers ]

Sir I am working in indian air force and awaiting my final year results in bsc.I wanted to do mba from a reputed univ through dist. learning prog.kindly send me the list of univ offering that course.also please clarify me where does the pgdba stands w.r.t mba in today's world.and what are the...

Can't email [ 2 Answers ]

I have an email address from Yahoo. I can receive emails but once I go to send one, when I'm on the page were it asks there email address and subject, but there is no box where I can write my email. It has the subject and their address but below that it has no box to write. But I asked my...

An Email Question [ 5 Answers ]

I'm a Newbie and am puzzled by this thought : I create an Email Account- say [email protected]... I received an Email which I opened. Is that opened Email now part of my Harddisk or is it stored in some mailbox in a server at Yahoo ? :confused: Thanks for any input.

Sent Email [ 7 Answers ]

Is there a way that I can get notification that an email has been read? Thanks

The best email like The Bat! [ 4 Answers ]

Anybody help me find an email client as good as The Bat! I am using The Bat! Email client for years. I love its features, but now a days many of my email reciepient blocks my email because of possible spam from The Bat email client. I still fond of using it. So to cover all of my email...

View more questions Search