Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    babies13 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 10:59 AM
    I want to be a mom
    I'm 18 years old, and I've been trying to get pregnant for almost 7 months. Every time I have sex with my boyfriend after a while I feel like the sperm goes out, like it does't stay in me it's a weird sensation. I'm really scared because I'm starting to think that I'm not going to be able to have kids. What can I do? How can I know If I can have kids or not?
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 11:22 AM
    Semen will leak back out, and it will sometimes seem like a lot, but plenty of sperm will have been deposited near the cervix. Some women feel more comfortable with propping their bottoms up or lying in bed for awhile afterwards "just to be sure"... :) It can take couples many months, sometimes over a year, before they are successful... for others it happens very quickly, and some even when they are trying to prevent it. Often no rhymn or reason to it.
    A great book for every woman is Taking Charge of Your Fertility. There are also numerous guides online that go over the various ways of trying to determine when you are likely to be the most fertile in your cycle (it is a realitively small window of time each month that a woman can conceive). Another smart thing to do is to see your doctor for a preconception visit and get more information. Definitely would be wise to be taking a multivitamin or prenatal vitamin to get the folic acid in particular. This is important to have going before you even conceive.
    greyaura Posts: 11, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 11:27 AM
    It took 5 months for me to become pregnant with my first. After that, it was all to easy. If your really looking to become prgnant the best time to have sex is a week before your expected period. How do you know its you. It could him that can't produce. If things were meant to be, things will fall in Gods perfect order. Maybe it's just not your time yet.
    DoulaLC Posts: 10,488, Reputation: 1952
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 11:42 AM
    >>>>> If your really looking to become prgnant the best time to have sex is a week before your expected period.

This may be too exact for many women. The rough guide is that a woman will ovulate about 12 - 16 days before her period is due regardless of the length of her cycle. Many women do not follow this pattern however and will naturally ovulate earlier or later than the norm. Adhering too strictly to a set time frame will often cause some women to be focusing on a time that is either too far before or after their ovulation.
    LearningAsIGo Posts: 2,653, Reputation: 350
    Survivor

Aug 5, 2008, 12:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by DoulaLC
    Semen will leak back out, and it will sometimes seem like a lot, but plenty of sperm will have been deposited near the cervix. Some women feel more comfortable with propping their bottoms up or lying in bed for awhile afterwards "just to be sure"......:) It can take couples many months, sometimes over a year, before they are successful....for others it happens very quickly, and some even when they are trying to prevent it. Often no rhymn or reason to it.
    A great book for every woman is Taking Charge of Your Fertility. There are also numerous guides online that go over the various ways of trying to determine when you are likely to be the most fertile in your cycle (it is a realitively small window of time each month that a woman can conceive). Another smart thing to do is to see your doctor for a preconception visit and get more information. Definitely would be wise to be taking a multivitamin or prenatal vitamin to get the folic acid in particular. This is important to have going before you even conceive.
    Absolutely!
    Prenatal vitamins are so important to help avoid neural tube and other birth defects. If you don't start taking them before you conceive, its probably too late.

Listen to DoulaLC, she knows her stuff. :)
    margarita_momma Posts: 299, Reputation: 46

Aug 5, 2008, 02:18 PM
    You may want to just try and relax and stop worrying about getting pregnant. My husband and I tried for 3 months and nothing happened. We finally decided that we were going to just not worry about having another baby right now and if it happens it happens. I was pregnant by the next month. I am currently 5 months pregnant with number 2. Stress can cause problems when it comes to Trying to conceive.
    Always_helping Posts: 76, Reputation: 15

Aug 5, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by babies13
    I'm 18 years old, and i've been trying to get pregnant for almost 7 months. Everytime i have sex with my boyfriend after a while i feel like the sperm goes out, like it does't stay in me its a weird sensation. I'm really scared because im starting to think that i'm not gonna be able to have kids. What can I do? How can I know If I can have kids or not?
    Learn to use a basal thermometer to help track when you are ovulating.

This has worked for many a couple I know.

If you have found this answer helpful please rate my answer. If you have not found this answer helpful please reply to me and let me know why.

Peace.
    girl2009 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 03:49 PM
    Hi every one I'm an 18 years old fem. I have been trying to get pregnant 5 months ago because 5 month ago I lost my 1st baby , I start having sex sync I was 15 years old with this guy now his my husband I know him for sync 5 years he was my first one I had sex with and I was his first one 2... I can't get pregnant my mom said is because my period doesn't comes regular but now I'm thinking I just cannot get pregnant I feel so bad :(

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

View more questions Search