Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jadestar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 06:53 AM
    Desperately seeking a schi-fi/romance film from the 80's
    I saw this film as a kid in the 80's in england around the time that Dirty Dancing came out. This is all I remember about it:

A girl and a guy meet and fall in love. She has special powers and I don't think she can speak. She is chased by some people and either they or she throws fire balls while they are hiding next to a car. They are above them on a concrete ramp.

Later I think she runs away from the guy and he finds her at a bus stop in the rain and he picks her up in his car. I think she has to return to where she came from.

Any clues about this would be great as I have been trying to find out for about 15 years!
    Couchcarrot Posts: 590, Reputation: 41

Aug 26, 2008, 09:07 PM
    This sounds like the plot from either "The Fury," from 1978.
    See: The Fury Synopsis.

It also sound like it might be "Carrie," from 1976,
    See: Carrie (1976).

Hope this helps.
    jadestar Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 27, 2008, 03:58 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by jadestar
    I saw this film as a kid in the 80's in england around the time that Dirty Dancing came out. This is all i remember about it:

A girl and a guy meet and fall in love. She has special powers and I dont think she can speak. She is chased by some people and either they or she throws fire balls while they are hiding next to a car. They are above them on a concrete ramp.

Later I think she runs away from the guy and he finds her at a bus stop in the rain and he picks her up in his car. I think she has to return to where she came from.

Any clues about this would be great as I have been trying to find out for about 15 years!
    Nope its neither of those
    sd1025 Posts: 98, Reputation: 11

Aug 27, 2008, 11:37 PM
    Was it the cindy lauper jeff goldblume movie? Probobly not

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Desperately Seeking boyfriend [ 5 Answers ]

I am a 24 yr. old still holding the V card. I will be 25 soon and my problem is that, I have NEVER had a boyfriend. I have always been the friend, or well, that's pretty much it. I am tired of waiting for fate. I really don't have friends, I am not into the party scene, so it's hard to meet...

Historical romance or drama filmed in the 80's [ 1 Answers ]

I am looking for a movie made in the 80's it is a historical romance or drama about England or France in which a girl is married off to an aristocrat or royalty. Her husband wants nothing to do with her he does not even consummate the marriage.The girl has a friend an older male (famous actor but...

Desperately seeking skin lightening products [ 1 Answers ]

Hi, :D I am an afro-carribean English born citizen and have recently joined this forum. As I've been reading what some of you have been writing I'm wondering whether I could appeal to your good natures and ask whether someone or anyone could help me with lightening my skin a few shades. ...

Desperately Seeking To Find My Bio- Mother [ 11 Answers ]

Hi. Well I guess I should start by saying who I am, what I'm here for, and what I need help with. It's simple. My Name is Heather Hughes, I'm currently 17 years old, and I am DESPERATELY seeking to find the woman who gave me life. Her name is Susan Perero, Her alias Include Gremillion. ...

View more questions Search