Ask
    adesola Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 11:06 PM
    Is it true that one can get to menupause at the age of 38?I'm 39 now and

Without any child yet.
    Has2LoseWeight Posts: 48, Reputation: 1

Aug 8, 2008, 08:28 PM
    I found this on the internet for you:

Menopause can occur as early as your 30s and, rarely, as late as in your 60s. However, there is no correlation between the time of a woman's first period and her age at menopause. In addition, age at menopause is not influenced by race, height, the number of children a woman has had or whether she took oral contraceptives for birth control.

Some women go through menopause before age 51 and some experience it a bit later. Early menopause is defined as occurring at any age younger than age 40. Early menopause can occur naturally, but premature menopausal symptoms may signal an underlying condition, so it is important to discuss any symptoms with your health care professional.

What does influence the time of menopause? Genetics are a key factor. The age at which your mother stopped her periods may be similar to when you stop your menstrual periods. And women who smoke cigarettes experience menopause two years earlier, on average, than nonsmoking women.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

The menopause [ 2 Answers ]

My wife seems to be going through the menopause. We are both 49 next month. To help with the change in wife, we have changed diet to a lot of fresh home cooked food, daily walking and cutting out alcohol. Are there are better ways to cope with the menopause, a lot of the time she seems...

Menopause? [ 5 Answers ]

I am pretty sure I'm in the beginning stages of menopause. I'm 41 and have been having irregular periods for about 4 years. I experience night sweats on and off. My periods can be extremely painful when they run the normal amount of days, but I figure it's because I get a lot of clots coming...

Menopause fat [ 1 Answers ]

Has anyone taken Cortislim? Did this work for you? I am going through a long menopause and have gained some strange weight. Celluose. I have always weighed about 130 lbs and now in the last year have gone to 160! I need something that will work. I was told my adrenals are in trouble and this...

Does my mom have menopause? [ 3 Answers ]

Hi, my mom is not that computer savvy, so I told her I would do this for her. Five years ago or so my mom started having really heavy periods that would last for a long time. She went to the doctor a little over a year ago and found that she had some fibroids in her uterus. My aunt (my moms sister...

Hmm... 24 menopause? [ 3 Answers ]

A lot lately I have been having hotflashes and even night sweats but I'm only 24. I didn't have a period for almost 6 months still I started talking birthcontrol, which I did start my period. But it seems like hot flashes and night sweats happen a lot more now. I am over weight and I do take...

View more questions Search