Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    ranjith456 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 05:21 AM
    Difference between supply voltage and input voltage?
    Consider a Common Emitter amplier circuit, there'll be two inputs present in which one is applied at the base of the transistor[input voltage] and other at collector[supply voltage,+Vcc]

I want to know 1)what is difference between that two voltages ?
    2)need to use both in the same circuit?
    3)why input voltage of AC and the supply voltage is DC?

Help me please...
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 5, 2008, 05:35 AM
    This is homework, and should be handled of in the homework department.
    But I'll give you some hints to answer your own question :

First you have to understand what is a Common Emitter amplifier circuit, and what the specfics of such a circuit are.

"there'll be two inputs present in which one is aplied at the base of the transistor[input voltage] and other at collector[supply voltage,+Vcc]"

Incorrect : at transistor A base the input voltage is applied. At the other transistor B base is a dc voltage for control. The common emitter transfers the signal from one transistor to the other over the resistor R to earth. Collector A is connected to supply. Output is at collector B, over resistor RC.

Draw this out : make a circuit diagram as I described. LEARN what is where and WHY it operates they way it does.

Success !

:)
    Credendovidis Posts: 1,593, Reputation: 66
    -

Aug 5, 2008, 05:36 AM
    This is homework, and should be handled of in the homework department.
    But I'll give you some hints to answer your own question :

First you have to understand what is a Common Emitter amplier circuit, and what the specifics of such a circuit are.

"there'll be two inputs present in which one is aplied at the base of the transistor[input voltage] and other at collector[supply voltage,+Vcc]"

Incorrect : at transistor A base the input voltage is applied. At the other transistor B base is a dc voltage for control. The common emitter transfers the signal from one transistor to the other over the resistor R to earth. Collector A is connected to supply. Output is at collector B, over resistor RC.

Draw this out : make a circuit diagram as I described. LEARN what is where and WHY it operates they way it does.

Success !

:)

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Dog ate my low voltage! [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Rheem Classis 10 Series A/C and a Black Labrador dog. Well, the dog chewed the low voltage wires from the house to the unit. I have taken off the cover and can see a yellow and a light brown colored wire hanging off the relay. I need to identify which of the low voltage wires goes? My...

Need to reduce voltage [ 9 Answers ]

Can anyone tell me what size resistor I need to run a 12volt led pilot light on a 24 volt system? The transformer is a 24v 40va its on a furnace. Thanks

Why do we get low voltage power supply? [ 1 Answers ]

In India, appliances are 220 volts enabled. However, many Electricity Boards often provide mains power at less than 220 volts. What are the possible reasons? Is it because of technical inefficiency? On the consumer end, if the "actual load" is higher than the "connected load" (as shown by the...

Low voltage [ 1 Answers ]

Just got some land and a double wide trailer was on it. We plan to live in the mobil home a few years before building a home there. Question is; The A/C and heating unit is a Nordyne Intertherm model # FEH-015HA My son is an a/c & heating tech working for a well nation company. He has never...

Low voltage wiring [ 4 Answers ]

I am trying to wire some low voltage puck lights. I'm confused as to how to wire them. The trasformer has a black and a white where the 120V goes in and 2 red wires where the 12V leaves. Are both the red wires hot? Is there no neutral? Since the puck lights have 2 wires coming off them, how do I...

View more questions Search