Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    openpetal Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 08:30 PM
    A friend in need or foe indeed?
    I had this friend who is book smart but not street smart. She has been married to her first for 11 years now. He has been incarcerated for 13 years. She has 3 baby daddy's. The last is her husband and she is pregnant with 4th child. I got married last year. Since then my life has changed drastically. Long story short she called me yesterday to ask to see me. I don't speak to her often cause she has depression issues. I keep my 3 children away because we are about growth and not stagnation. As a friend, if she need me, I'll be there (if I can). So I met her and she looked 50 yrs old! She is only 35. Not glowing, overweight, need dental care. I thought the emergency was about her... It was about me.she expressed concern and was afraid for my life with my new husband who she feared loved me too much and was suspicious as to why she never met him. I offered and she declined and said it would be forced. I explained I am not single nor a single parent anymore and my husband, children are my life. She was suspicious and felt I was being isolated when we don't even hang. I was livid after I dropped her off (in my mercedes)at the bus stop! Humiliated and spiritually violated. I was blinging and glowing prior to seeing her, after we departed I felt very much tricked. Her last words were, "even though we are not on the same level, we used to be, don't forget about your friends" I replied," we are married now so things have changed." Later, I sent her text to delete me and don't ever try trickery with me again. No lie, I am successful and good with my marriage. Every marriage has its ups and downs but what is she saying exactly to me? She could see my new 2 carat diamond rings and earrings, my bright teeth and smile but what underlying message was there? Thank you.

Openpetal feeling shot surprisingly
    openpetal Posts: 16, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Only ANSWER the question on this page here. Do NOT ASK a question.

You are NOT logged in.
    Fr_Chuck Posts: 81,301, Reputation: 7692
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 08:50 PM
    No, it sounds like youir friend is very street smart, perhaps since they are living the street life.
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 08:59 PM
    This story weirded me out, and maybe you need some new friends.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 09:02 PM
    What weirded me out was the fact that the OP felt the need to point out all her worldly goods, mercedes, 2 karat ring.

I think you are both better off staying away from each other.

Good luck.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 09:18 AM
    Hmmm she is the one with the incarcerated husband and living on the edge of poverty and she is the one that is book smart rather than street smart??
    Oh well, that aside, I would say she is concerned about you but doesn't know how to relate to somebody that is no longer where she is. She may feel your husband is controlling you and may just wanted to see for herself that he is not. But I would say the way you handled it most probably fed right into her really believing that you really are controlled by him.

I would let it go and chalk it up to she has her life and you have yours.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

Friend Likes Guy. Guy hates friend! [ 6 Answers ]

Hey, My best friend likes this guy right? All Well and Good? NO!! The Guy She Likes, thinks she's annoying and weird. The guy is like one of my closest friends, I could talk to him about it but my friend doesn't want me 2. She didn't want me to write this but I am because she needs advice! Any...

Slept with my neighbour/friend/ex's friend/he has a girlfriend [ 20 Answers ]

So I was drinking at my friends house when he showed up just in time to give me a ride home and we've lived across the road from each other for quite some time now and we were friends in grade 7 until now... we're both 19. I had a great night with him we were up until 6 and woke up at 9: 30 to do...

I fall in love with my best friend he still considers me just dear friend can I chang [ 6 Answers ]

I want to know if I can change the way he loves me , knowing that he always loves to talk with me Can this change? Can we become good couple? Thanks all...

The only way I can get back with my ex is if lose my friend which is his ex friend [ 8 Answers ]

Hi. What should I do?? Me and my ex broke up like a month ago and there were a couple of reasons but the main reason was because of his ex friend. In march like for a week me and his friend were talking but we never did anything.But so I told my ex about it and his ex friend had did it with all of...

Friend poached another friend! Advice? [ 11 Answers ]

I had never had this feeling before, but last summer I felt like one of my friends was poaching another, as in they were going to be friends with each other INSTEAD of me, not in addition to me. A series of events happened in a few days (friend #1 supposed to come early to help with my...

View more questions Search