Ask
    anu18878 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:48 PM
    Computer hacking
    My computer switches on its own in the night . Is my computer hacked
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 06:53 PM
    Could be. Is it connected to the internet by a cable or DSL connection? One surefire way is to unplug the machine and that eliminates anything and everything. Also get a good web security program and anti virus program. Can't be too careful these days. Be sure you don't have any kind of remote accessible help activated either.
    Gho5t Posts: 27, Reputation: 1

Sep 5, 2008, 04:24 PM
    Make sure you have a good firewall installed on your system. That sounds like a zombie PC. A zombie computer is inffected wqith a trojan,wich is used by the hacker,and use your PC to spread malware,spyware or simply to use it in a "dos" atack.
    DOS= denial of service
    shadowx360 Posts: 7, Reputation: 2

Sep 13, 2008, 01:00 PM
    Dude, if you computer is shutdown, then there is no power flowing into it, and it cannot turn on by itself, since you need a program to do that, and programs run off Operating Systems, and if your computer is off, your Operating System isn't loaded, and it cannot turn itself on. Someone is either turning it on at night, or someone messed with the hardware to make it turn on.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Hacking a Yahoo Id [ 1 Answers ]

Can I know the procedure of hacking a Yahoo id?

Hacking a administrator [ 4 Answers ]

It is possible to brake the administrator password without any third paty software or not

Hacking [ 4 Answers ]

Hi guys, I think I know c++ quite well. I wanted now to know something about hacking of which I don't know the 'h'. Could someone tell me how do I get started? Does knowing c++ well help to be a good hacker? How much is knowing unix releavent?

Is hacking legal? [ 4 Answers ]

I keep getting email messages that say things like Hacking With Trojan Horse Programs (Easy for beginners, Spy on your friends, family etc). Are these things legal?

View more questions Search