Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Aug 4, 2008, 06:12 PM
    Dog eats leaves
    Well first of all hello to everyone... I have a male dog which is currently 3 1/2 years of age. I take him to the park about once a week or so... and when I do, he always gets attracted to these type of long grass looking weeds/leaves or I'm not even sure what it is. Looks like very long and thin grass but I don't think it's grass... he eats those but doesn't eat grass. For some reason he just likes to eat those leaves. So I was wondering if anyone knows what it is or at least why he could be attracted to it. Sometimes it makes me think he's thirsty or something and that he might find them quenching?? I really don't know.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 06:19 PM
    I know when cats eat grass it is to help an upset stomach.
    METERRE Posts: 206, Reputation: 22

Aug 4, 2008, 08:33 PM
    Hmmm... but this happens every time I take him to the park. But I want to make sure if it is not bad for him to eat that... to know if I should avoid letting him get to it.
    ms williams Posts: 31, Reputation: 1

Aug 7, 2008, 12:19 AM
    It is normal for dogs to eat grass and other vegetables. He is probably eating the grass because he is craving greens. Yes it is true that cats and dogs will eat grasses when they don't feel well. But that is usually not the case with dogs. Dogs are by nature scavengers which means they eat and require a varied diet. Look it up. Some people suggest feeding dogs wheat grass with their food. I just feed mine chards and kales. How ever I have one dog that loves certain types of grasses in the back yard and she eats them daily. Lemon grass and purslane are her favorites. We call her water buffalo cause when we go to the river she grazes on the river grasses. They need their greens.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Check out some similar questions!

My dog eats her poop [ 1 Answers ]

I have a 3 year old female German Shepherd Dog. She is healthy physically and emotionally. Happy, active and playful. She has a disturbing habit. She eats her stool. (about 50-60% of the time). Only Her stool; not the other dog's stool. Not the cat's. This has been going on for the last 6 months...

Puppy eats own poo [ 2 Answers ]

My 7 week old puppy is tarting to eat her own poo why and how can I stop it

My almost 4 year old eats A LOT! [ 2 Answers ]

He is almost 4 and in the 75th percentile for height and 90-something for weight. He is a pretty big (height and weight) for his age. He seems to be gaining a bit of weight, but he eats as much as I do. He is constantly saying he is hungry. He eats and eats and eats. I guess I am just curious...

My dog is too thin and eats very little [ 4 Answers ]

Hi! I have 4 dogs, 2 of which are Jindo's brother & sister(15 months old). Lucy got off her leash last Monday and by the grace of god found her way back home 2 days later, which I think explains the 5 lbs drop in her weight to 30 lbs. The problem is, at her original weight of 35lbs she was too...

Dog eats poop [ 4 Answers ]

My puppie eats her own poop how do I stop it

View more questions Search