Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    GABBY0124 Posts: 83, Reputation: 0

Aug 4, 2008, 04:37 PM
    I had a false possitive test!
    About a year ago I had some bumps on my vagina.I went to a ob-gyn and she said I had herpes!The same day I went to the ER to get rechecked and they said that I probably just had a reaction to something I used and I was using some vagisil and monistat at the same time so that made sense.They also did a culture and blood test there.The ob-gyn then called me a few days later and said that the herpes culture came back possitive.But I was already using the madicine from the ER and it went away which made me think it really wasn't herpes.I gat 2 more bloos test from my primary and the ob-gyn that all came back negative then I get a letter in the mail from the ob-gyn saying that my pap smear was all normal.Now I an really confused!! What should I do?
    ChihuahuaMomma Posts: 7,378, Reputation: 608
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:33 PM
    If two different doctors said that you have herpes, you most likely do. You do not have symptoms 24/7 of the disease. There are outbreak times. If the cream cured the outbreak, great. It didn't cure the disease though. As of yet, there is no cure for herpes.

I'm sorry to hear.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:36 PM
    No only one doctor said that I had the disease and the cream was not for herpes it was from the er which said that I burnt myself by usind cream that was too strong.And the ob-gyn sent me a letter that said my pap test was normal which I do not understand if she told me on the phone that I had herpes.
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:40 PM
    The best thing to do then, is to get a second opinion. Go elsewhere to get tested and see what the result is.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:44 PM
    That's the thing I been to the ob-gyn,the er and to my primary and the only test that came back positive was the one from the ob-gyn and I got tested about 6 times and only 1 came back positive.
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:47 PM
    Then, it was a false positive. It was wrong. Don't dwell on it, or you will drive yourself insane. A mistake was made.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
    Another thing do you know anything about the Gardasil shot?
    danielnoahsmommy Posts: 2,506, Reputation: 297
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 05:48 PM
    I would still behave as if you were positive. Use a condom
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 05:49 PM
    Gadisal is for hpv not herpes
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:49 PM
    ALWAYS use a condom! ALWAYS!
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:50 PM
    She's right, Gardasil prevents HPV. It isn't a bad idea though.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:51 PM
    Well I been with the same partner for 2 years and she is with me 24/7 so I know I cxan't give or get anything and I think if she would get it she would already have it and she been tested also and was negative.Before her I was with the same person for 5 years so how I would get herpes I do not know.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:52 PM
    No I know about Gardasil I got it but I think it made me sick read my other post it describes what happen to me.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 05:52 PM
    We are not saying you have anything. Just be careful.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I know that and I will be sure to be extra careful!
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:53 PM
    I don't see how that is relevant to this post.

And you can get something if your partner is not faithful, obviously she will tell you that she is, but if she's not being monogamous you can catch something from her that she caught from someone else.

Be cautious.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:55 PM
    No I go with her to every doctor appoitment and we are literally together 24/7 and the gardasil question is completely different from this one but I just wanted to know if you had a answer that that question.
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 05:57 PM
    There are side effects to many inoculations including gardasil. I would be very wary about getting it again.
    Vision Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I'm not saying that she is cheating on you, I'm saying that's it could be a possibility. It always is. That's why trust is an important part of a relationship. So, neither of you have jobs, go to school, have separate friends, go to the store alone, visit your parents without the other?

And if I have an answer to another question, I will visit that question.

Aug 4, 2008, 05:59 PM
    I already got all 3 shots and do not need any more but I want to know if there is anything I can do?

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

False Positive Pregnancy Test [ 7 Answers ]

I was wanting some sympathy I went to the doctor last Thursdayto have some blood work done since I had not started my period. They took a urine pregnancy test & there WAS a really faint line - which suggested that I was pregnant. I was SOOOOO excited! I was really surprised because I didn't really...

Can you get a false poitive pregnancy test [ 7 Answers ]

I have been trying 4 nearly 2 and a half years and this morning I did a test and it came back POSITIVE at last I'm not due on till tomorrow , I did the first resonse pregnany test which allows you to test up 4 days early , can they be wrong as I still can't believe it , thank you 4 your time and...

False positive on urine test [ 3 Answers ]

I am a type 2 diabetic I take and I take 1000 mg twice daily of Metformin, Actos 30 Mg daily and 32 units daily of lantus. My problem is I`m looking for a new job and the pre employment urine test keeps coming back positive for alcohol. I do drink alcolic beverages at all. Can anyone explain what's...

False Pregnancy test [ 6 Answers ]

Could I be pregnant? I took 2 home pregnancy tests and both had a very faint pink line. Now a week later I have started what I think is my period. Could the pregnancy tests have been wrong? Can they give a false positive answer? Please advise. Sincerely, Confused in OK

False positive on a drug test! [ 4 Answers ]

So my boyfriend is on probation and he failed his last drug test due to a poppy seed muffin... Now they are making him call in every day to see if he has to come in and take another one. His probation officer told him he is going to be on it until August 31, which is a major problem. It's a...

View more questions Search