Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Tonia B Posts: 2, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 03:23 PM
    His he using me?
    I have been with my boyfriend for 5 and half years. There has been several times through out the years that he stays out all night and doesn't return until the next morning, he says he fell asleep at his friends house, or he went to some park area to think. I call him or text him and he won't answer some of the time. He works out of town- now that he finally got a steady job- and he is continuously talking to other girls or texting them. These girls I don't even know or he never talks about them to me. I checked his phone records so this is how I know- sad thing is that we just had a child together a month ago- he text this girl 200 times in one day where he texts or calls me once or twice a day. I am pretty sure he is having an affair. Am I on the right track or am I extremely jealous? He lives in my house and he doesn't pay anything except his car insurance and his phone bill. Do you think he is just using me for a free ride down easy street? If you think I am wrong please be honest.
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 03:44 PM
    You are NOT wrong. He's using you. Free sex, board and lodging for 5 long years. It's obvious and bright as the sun.
    Rockabilly1955mama Posts: 662, Reputation: 85

Aug 4, 2008, 03:56 PM
    You have the right to be worried in this situation. You might want to confront him about these issues (If you haven't already, that is.) And you also might want to try and tell him it's time for him to start paying more of the bills, from there on you'll get the clear signs if he's using you or not. Best of luck!
    liz28 Posts: 4,662, Reputation: 1034
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 04:28 PM
    While is not spending any money at home or helping out financially, he is spending his money on other girls. Dump this looser and find a winner.
    maxim_r Posts: 24, Reputation: 6

Aug 4, 2008, 09:18 PM
    He is a loser. He is using you and also cheating on you, even if only emotionally, but probably physically as well. The most damning thing is if you are still wondering if you are in the wrong. Sounds like you are being a doormat and he is trampling all over you. Stand up for yourself and set proper parameters if he wants to be with you, otherwise show him the door.
    notbigthing Posts: 35, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 10:54 PM
    Absolutely his heart is somewhere else, 200times per day texting other girl,wow, I agree with the above posts, u need to let him go.
    Romefalls19 Posts: 4,739, Reputation: 1130
    Ultra Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:45 AM
    Why have you stuck around this long? Get out of this relationship ASAP, you deserve and will find better
    talaniman Posts: 54,327, Reputation: 10855
    Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 06:46 AM
    Is what your saying is that this has been going on for 5 years, and now you have a baby by him??

That doesn't sound logical, that you would have a child, with someone that makes you so unhappy. What's really going on?? Have you seen your doctor?? Babies are life changers for sure, so do you think he is in an adjustment period?

You had better get to talking! How old are you both??
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 07:05 AM
    While it is possible that some guys could honestly be just falling asleep at a friends house in his case yeah except he is neglecting to tell you the friend is the girl that is texting him 200 times. I would dump him he is not being honest with you and sounds like you are the other girl rather than the other way around.
    AmExp Posts: 330, Reputation: 11

Aug 5, 2008, 06:37 PM
    I just got out of a relationship like that. Not as long, just 6 months and it ended 7 months ago, but I was out 10,000 dollars in addition to the emotional and verbal abuse I suffered as a result. I had to take a semester off from college, my academics were suffering, my family and friend relationships were blemished. I too thought about having a child with this guy during my low points but that was out of desperation so that I would be attached to him for at least 18 additional years. This is a result of a woman with low self-esteem. There is no other reason as to why I should even wanted to be bothered with a guy who loved to lead me on as to whether he was with other women just because it kept me guessing and running behind him like a little puppy. We would get into it then he would call me acting all sweet and nice wanting to be his girl for the weekend and he knew he would get more from me each time. There are times, even now, I want to get back with him simply because I miss him but the guy is 31 and I am 22. He is NOT GOING TO CHANGE! Guys like that do not change and he likes his lifestyle now. The fact that you have his baby means nothing to him either. His actions scream you are my main chick but I got more on the side. I am sorry but this guy will never settle down. If you are looking for a guy to be on and off with for the rest of you life then he is the one. Otherwise, MOVE ON and QUICKLY!

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

View more questions Search