Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    nice2five Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 01:51 PM
    Why all women are very picky and so contradictive?
    I been browsing many profiles in so many social networking and dating sites and found
    One thing in common between all those profiles and intros. Most of them mentioning: no
    Weirdos, no liars, I'm not waiting you here to show me your f**king body naked,not
    Giving my messenger to anybody,life is too short, live to the fullest,don't ask for
    Money,not going to help you having green card! What the hell going on ? So strange
    Really to the majority of them agreed about just one thing that all men are
    Weirdos,smart asses,or scammers! I just want to know why they generalize in that way?
    Where's their brains? Their intelligence? And in the end of their profile you found them
    Saying I'm looking for the love of my life, the man of dreams,prince charming, isn't it
    Weird? Why they presuming that every man is a weirdo or smart or a lier? I found
    That issue is very contradictive! And really strange of them to think that way? If we
    Are all the same it won't be any chance to meet somebody one day!!
    It would be much appreciated to hear an explanation for that strange issue !
    bEaUtIfUlbRuNeTtE Posts: 1,051, Reputation: 112
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 01:53 PM
    Well, would you want a woman that was a wierdo, lied and was crazy? It's the same thing.

Why do you think it's such a condradiction to write what you want in a person?

PS. Not all women generalize men to be scammers, smart a**es or wierdos.
    Alty Posts: 28,317, Reputation: 5972
    Pets Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 01:55 PM
    Maybe it's time to stop frequenting dating sites and go out and meet real people.

When you put your profile on a site you run the risk of getting weirdos, and liars. It's the internet, and you have to be careful. How many times have we heard of people falling in love over the internet with the man or woman of their "dreams", only to find out that the gorgeous 23 year lawyer, is actually a 70 year old pedophile?

There's no way of actually knowing who you are chatting with and who and what they really are.
    nice2five Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 02:12 PM
    Your comment is funny beauitfulbrunette ! I said why they presuming until they talk and discuss it in real life or online or both ? It's not that complicated to understand and know the difference between smart a**es or weirdos?
    Pets Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 02:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by nice2five
    your comment is funny beauitfulbrunette ! i said why they presuming until they talk and discuss it in real life or online or both ? it's not that complicated to understand and know the difference between smart a**es or weirdos?
    Really, then tell us, are we normal everyday people? How old am I? Am I male or female? What do I do for a living? Am I married or single? Am I sane or insane? Have I ever gone to jail?

If it's that easy to know the difference, then you shouldn't have any problem answering these questions. Not so much the age one as that's easy to find out, but the others. How about it?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 02:31 PM
    First, I know several couples that met online and are quite happily married now. There is absolutely NO social network out there that can rival the internet, though I don't necessarily know from personal experience about the dating sites.

However--in the course of ONE evening, you can talk to people from your gardening board, your volunteer board for the hospital, your board that discusses video games, or whatever. There's a website out there for EVERY interest. There's no commute to that website, there's no danger involved in meeting someone somewhere, and best of all, people like you for YOU, not for what you look like. For those of us that are NOT 5'10 skinny 36C models with perfect makeup, that helps a LOT.

So--don't knock the internet for meeting people. I think it's a GREAT way to meet people in a short amount of time.

To the OP: The reason women list those things is because those are the most common inquiries they get from men. I am not even ON a dating site, and I get stuff like that from MySpace. I've had offers of money to marry someone for a green card (even though I'm already married). I've had men send me almost nude pics because they liked the pic of me in a formal dress on my front page. (it's not even skimpy!). I've gotten people who have made a game out of trying to be someone they're not---but we get that here on AMHD occasionally too. I can think of 2 separate times in the last several months where people here made friends with someone, only to find out that it was a joke on the part of the person on the other end of the computer. I've had guys send me messages that essentially have very strange sexually explicit messages. Some that I've puzzled over for days, because I honestly can't figure out how they're anatomically possible.

As far as not giving out IMs---well, that's just safety. I don't give that out to anyone I don't know either. It's like giving your phone number to a complete stranger, you know?
    Synnen Posts: 7,927, Reputation: 2443
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 02:31 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Altenweg
    Really, then tell us, are we normal everyday people? How old am I? Am I male or female? What do I do for a living? Am I married or single? Am I sane or insane? Have I ever gone to jail?

If it's that easy to know the difference, then you shouldn't have any problem answering these questions. Not so much the age one as that's easy to find out, but the others. How about it?
    30-something, Female, mom, married, insane, yes.

Duh.
    Pets Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 02:39 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by Synnen
    30-something, Female, mom, married, insane, yes.

Duh.
    Not fair, you already knew that. ;):)
    ylaira Posts: 1,193, Reputation: 118
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 02:41 PM
    Its internet. Its not you, It's their experiences prior to you reading their page. In months time, you'll post the same thing.
    DrJ Posts: 1,328, Reputation: 339
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 02:42 PM
    There are ways to know for sure... at least as sure as you can be when meeting someone in person.

In fact, I met my current girlfriend on the internet 5 years ago...

Granted, I am one of the few "lucky" ones... if you want to call it luck.

As for the OP, yes, MOST men out there on the internet are weirdos, pervs, etc. You don't realize it until you and a girl get on a site and watch how different the responses are from men to women
    Emland Posts: 2,468, Reputation: 496
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 02:59 PM
    Well, I consider myself both a smartazz and a weirdo, but I'm married.

My sister found herself in her mid forties and trying to meet new people in a new area after relocating closer to me. The single folks I knew were of the military persuasion and she isn't into deployments. She got the bright idea to do post on dating sites to meet some "nice" men. 99.9% of them were slimeballs - married men looking for one date "hookups." Men that proposed after 2 hours into a date. Self proclaimed millionaires that "forgot" their wallet, etc. One guy even said to her "You don't look like what I expected." Like she was something he ordered! It was painful to watch her try to find a normal person to go out with. She wasn't looking for a husband nor to hop in the sack with whatever showed up for dinner.

I think most of the women that list on dating sites are seriously looking to meet decent people. I fear the majority of men on dating sites are just players.
    N0help4u Posts: 19,823, Reputation: 2035
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 06:52 PM
    Maybe because the internet dating sites are what many of the 'weirdo's etc... ' are attracted to and they want to cut out the bull by being upfront that they are not into the group sex, open sex or anything goes but they do want an honest relationship. When you say looking for an honest relationship many of the scammers will try to play the part. When you say no
    Weirdos, no liars, I'm not waiting you here to show me your f**king body naked, not
    Giving my messenger to anybody,life is too short, live to the fullest,don't ask for
    Money,not going to help you having green card! It gives the impression they been there, dealt with that and they are less likely to mess with you because they know you know a scammer when they see one,

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Picky Freezer [ 2 Answers ]

My freezer freezes ice in two hours, but after five days the popsicles I put in there are not even close to being frozen. It's all the way up. What is the deal.

Why is my dog a picky eater? [ 1 Answers ]

HI I have a 1 yr german shepard that won't eat. We have tried all the dry dog foods that a pet store sells. If I try to feed her wet food she gets diarreha. Then stops eating anyway. We spent over 200.00 dollars to see if something was wrong,but nothing ,I guess is a good thing. Everyone that sees...

My Puppy Is Very Picky [ 4 Answers ]

I'm 14 years old and my family and I just got a Long-Haired Daschund Named "Piccolo". Piccolo is wonderful and happy all the time. Piccolo used to eat his food and lick the bowl clean but now he only eats a little and then goes under our table waiting for food to fall from my 4 year old...

My dog is a picky eater [ 3 Answers ]

Help! My mom has been feeding my dog human food and it's not good for his stomach. I'm trying to teach him to eat dry food now (He's 5 yrs old), but he takes one sniff and leaves. He hasn't eaten in 2 days, is this a bad sign? Does anyone have any suggestions or tricks to get him to eat dry...

Lab being picky with food [ 4 Answers ]

Hi all, My year old lab has been acting a little funny the last 2 days. He will not eat his food right away. We feed him twice a day (morning and evening). He will just look at us when we tell him to go eat. He then goes up to his bowl and will sniff it. I have been putting a few pieces in my...

View more questions Search