Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    dwatkins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 01:50 PM
    Air conditioning unit throwing the breaker
    It has been really hot lately, and all of sudden our unit will trip the breaker outside, the fan will still run but on the unit. What should we check to see what the problem is? We sprayed it good to get all of airborn goodies from it. It comes back on when we flip the breaker. Thanks
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 03:26 AM
    Are there any other things that you might have plugged in to use current on the same line as that which might be used by the same breaker?

Just a thought for you...
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 05:13 AM
    Is this central A/C or a window unit?
    dwatkins Posts: 3, Reputation: 1

Aug 5, 2008, 09:44 PM
    Hey guys we found the answer, my husband changed the thermostat and found a broken wire, after he changed it the problem was gone. Thank goodness it wasn't too serious. Thanks for the help, have a good summer.
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 6, 2008, 01:38 AM
    We're glad that you got the problem solved and also wish you a good summer! :)
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 6, 2008, 05:17 AM
    Hey guys we found the answer, my husband changed the thermostat and found a broken wire,

That was a stroke of luck and cheap to repair also.

Glad you got it going.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

New air conditioning unit - Payne [ 16 Answers ]

I live in a condo. All of the units in the building need to new air conditioners because they are all old are will not survive an inpending reroofing. The association got a bid for a company that will put in a new A/C unit for anyone who wants one - it is about $1500 installed. The estimate...

Changed outlets, throwing breaker, old ones still work [ 4 Answers ]

I replaced three old receptacles (outlets) with modern rectangular outlets in my 12 year old kitchen backsplash being careful to buy the same type of switch, 15 amp 125 volts, and duplicating the wire's positions. The new switches throw the breaker. Returning the old switches solves the problem....

Electric furnaace throwing breaker [ 1 Answers ]

My sister has an electric furnace... She came home the other day... It was 59 in the house. If she turned the thermostat up to 72.. the breaker in the electrical box would trip.. She slowly adjusted the temperature up by a few degrees at a time.. But next day she comes home and breaker has...

Central air conditioning unit [ 1 Answers ]

Fan motor on outside unit is always on even when set temperature is reached

My Steam Shower keeps throwing the breaker! [ 5 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, I have just installed a steam shower bath and it takes 3KW and I have it on a 20 Amp breaker. I thought that would be enough amps to carry it; what could be wrong? Thanks. Kaye

View more questions Search