Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    pstidham Posts: 4, Reputation: 0

Aug 4, 2008, 12:27 PM
    Can a process server get into trouble for lying?
    The process server filed that he served me when I was at work. He placed the paperwork in my door.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 12:30 PM
    If you have proof of that, then you should report him because if he put it in your door, then you didn't sign for it. So he is caught out right there. It isn't signed, right ?

Aug 4, 2008, 12:37 PM
    He lied. I can get a copy of my time report from work showing that I was on the clock. Where and to whom do I report him?
    ScottGem Posts: 64,966, Reputation: 6056
    Computer Expert and Renaissance Man

Aug 4, 2008, 12:47 PM
    Depending on your area a nail and mail is legal service. Unless there is a claim that you signed it may be a valid service.

Aug 4, 2008, 12:48 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by tickle
    If you have proof of that, then you should report him because if he put it in your door, then you didnt sign for it. So he is caught out right there. It isnt signed, right ?
    I can prove that I was at work when he put it in the front door of my home. I did not sign anything.

Aug 4, 2008, 01:04 PM
    You have to serve in person in the state of Oklahoma. I guess contacting the BAR would be my first step.

Aug 4, 2008, 03:17 PM
    That's not 100% accurate. Oklahoma 12-2004.1 States:
    Service shall be made as follows:
    1. Upon an individual other than an infant who is less than fifteen (15) years of age or an incompetent person, by delivering a copy of the summons and of the petition personally or by leaving copies thereof at the person's dwelling house or usual place of abode with some person then residing therein who is fifteen (15) years of age or older or by delivering a copy of the summons and of the petition to an agent authorized by appointment or by law to receive service of process;
    But that does mean that the summons has to be handed to an individual, not just left. However, there is case law that holds that an individual cannot willfully evade service. And that leaving the summons in the door if the person can be shown to be at home is legal service.

But if no one was home at the time, and the process server said there was, that could be lying

Process servers in OK need to be licensed so you can report them to the State
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 04:09 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by pstidham
    I can prove that I was at work when he put it in the front door of my home. I did not sign anything.

You don't have to sign anything.

Did the creditor get an Order for nail and mail (or substitute service) because you could not be located at home?

Go to Court, argue bad service - this is not an unheard of ploy. You go to Court, you argue bad service, you are served in person - PRESTO! Legal service.

Not saying it's nice but it happens somewhat frequently in NYS when matrimonial actions (which require personal service) are involved.
    froggy7 Posts: 1,801, Reputation: 242
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 09:28 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottGem
    T[*]Upon an individual other than an infant who is less than fifteen (15) years of age
    I just have to say that I am amused by "an infant less that 15 years of age". Child or minor, I could see. But infant?

Aug 5, 2008, 05:44 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by froggy7
    I just have to say that I am amused by "an infant less that 15 years of age". Child or minor, I could see. But infant?
    Yeah I was wondering what prompted that one too. :D

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Compulsive lying big trouble [ 5 Answers ]

Okay I have a big big problem I am a compulsive liar I lie over the dumbest things and it is now starting to affect everyone around me I am wondering how I can repair these relationships and taking steps to stop or limit my problem I really need help someone please I really wish I can get rid of...

Server 2003 use as a router and connect susulinux server [ 1 Answers ]

I have configure suselinux 10.0 webserver with two nic one ip:192.168.1.3 sub:255.255.255.0 And another is 10.10.1.3 sub:255.0.0.0 and primary dns server(suselinux 10.0) 192.168.1.2 sub :255.255.255.0 and secong dns server(suselinux 10.0) with differenet ip:10.10.1.5 and sub:255.0.0.0 Now one...

Process server lied about service date! [ 3 Answers ]

I was recently served an Unlawful Detainer by the son of the Landlords attorney. He served me on the 18th of April but claimed to the court through his documentation that he served me on the 16th! When I went to the court house to file my Answer to the Unlawful Detainer the clerk told me a Default...

How to make Cleints server from Main server? [ 3 Answers ]

I am having Internet connection at one computer and I want to share the internet with other computers. Will that is possible the same connection is used with other 4 to 5 computers or at least one computer.

Downgrade windows 2003 server to windows 2000 server procedure [ 1 Answers ]

Hi.. Recently I planned to buy a server with windows 2k server OS. Unfortunately I was told that win 2k server will be no longer in support at 2007.:confused: What happen is that the application I need to run is under win 2k server only, can anyone advise me how to perform the downgrade...

View more questions Search