Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    x_harmoni_x Posts: 33, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 10:10 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by excon
    Hello again, h:

Well, if you dont want to talk to them, ignore them. They're not doing anything to collect their money anyway. Tell them to stop bothering you. If you do it by mail, they MUST stop. What's the big deal?

excon

I am just scared that eventually they might do something and I don't want my credit to be completely shot. That's why I think I should talk to a lawyer and have him look at the few things that they have sent me.
    excon Posts: 21,482, Reputation: 2992
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 10:21 AM
    Hello for the last time:

Your credit IS shot. It won't get any MORE shot if you ignore them, or if you pay them. They aren't doing anything to collect, anyway. Besides, you've already told us that they CAN'T collect.

If you have money to spend on a lawyer, why don't you call them up and offer it to them?? I know, you're scared.

Later.

excon

Aug 4, 2008, 10:30 AM
    I don't know for sure that they won't. I just read that on a site that offered free legal advice. I don't want to take the chance that they will. But I don't trust them. That is part of the reason I don't want to call them, but since the cheapest laywer I can find is $50-$100 for the consult I will probably end up just calling the collection company. If I pay them there is a way to get it off my credit report. I am not sure how since my father in law isn't home, but he was sued without knowing about it and was able to pay them and get it off his credit.

Thanks for the advice.
    JudyKayTee Posts: 46,503, Reputation: 4600
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 12:23 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by x_harmoni_x
    Thanks for all the advice!!

I think i am going to call the laywer in town and have him look everything over. I am hoping that he will be able to get a decent settlement amount. I am obviously going to to find out how much he charges per hour and for a consultation before I definetly go that route.

The creditor has absolutely no reason to negotiate for a lower amount - they already HAVE a Judgment against and the means to enforce it.

If you weren't served, then try to get the Judgment set aside - but be aware if you do, they'll just serve you (again) and hold another hearing.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 12:25 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by x_harmoni_x
    Thanks.
    Well it has been almost 6 months since they passed the judgement and my credit score has only gone up since then. The judgement was only on one of my credit reports and not on any of the other ones.

Our bank is local it only has 4 branches, and their main branch in in PA along wiht the rest of their banks. And I just checked my account and the money is still there.

I forgot to mention that it was a medical debt and the last thing i got from them was a reuqest for the money plus interest. They wanted $4,000 and something, but on my credit report the judgement says that they debt was only $2,750.

They will serve the NYS branch where you are - they do not need to serve the main office.
    Uber Member

Aug 4, 2008, 12:26 PM
    Trying very hard not to be judgmental or harsh here but you been posting this same question under different headings since February.

You have ignored every bit of advice you received.

In May you were also going to get a free legal consultation and couldn't find an Attorney who would discuss this with you for free.

You were also asking for advice on suing the insurance company some months ago.

Maybe it's time to just pay the judgment and move on with your life - and maybe it's time for all of these posts to be combined.

Aug 5, 2008, 09:10 AM
    I f0und a laywer that will do a free consult and I am waiting for a call back. As for the bank, they have no branches in NYS. We live on the NY- PA border.

I have listen to all the advice. I really don't have the money to pay them what they keep asking for. I would like to sue the insurance company, but I have no proof that they said they would cover him. So unless there is some law that says if they cover the labor and delivery that they have to cover the baby for a certain amount of time.

This is why I am going to see a lawyer. I am sorry for bothering you.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Who to pay on a court judgement [ 2 Answers ]

I don't have very good credit and I have 2 judgements on my credit report, I was wondering if I could find out how to go about paying those judgements off. Who do I pay? Bonnie :confused:

Judgement in court [ 3 Answers ]

I really would like some reply's on this please. I received information on a judgement against me inregards to a debt that I thought was paid. This account was being paid on through a credit counseling group monthly. Then all of a sudden the payments stopped. Not sure why and I am still trying...

If a judgement is passed [ 5 Answers ]

How long can they try to collect the debt for? Is it a forever kind of thing or is there a limitation?

I was summoned and missed court date [ 2 Answers ]

Please help... In Feb 2000< I was summoned to appear in court as a petitioner ( with DES also as a petitioner) against my son's father whom I wasn't married to, nor knew of his whereabouts. I didn't appear in court and traveled out of Arizona a week later ( a planned trip before the court...

Court Judgement [ 2 Answers ]

If you put a judgement lien on someone's bank account and the person Closes the account, what happens to the lien? Is it dismiss by the bank? Or the courts? Or is the person still responsible to pay the debit. I recently Won a court judgement in small claims court but I know the person has no...

View more questions Search