Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    CJS57 Posts: 6, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:40 AM
    Can't log on more than 1 laptop using wireless router
    Recently I had to reconfigure my Linksys router. Prior to that my children who do not live here could log on to the internet using my wireless set up without having to change their ip address on their laptops. Now, they cannot log on. I do not remember having to "set-up" their laptops when they came home from college. I have checked the support site for Linksys and admit it is difficult for me to understand exactly how to correct this so more than just my laptop will work in this household. Is there anyone that can simplify what I must do?

Thank you.
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 06:54 AM
    Without any further info, my guess is that DHCP is disabled in your router. DHCP is used to automatically assign IP addresses to computers that attach to your network.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Weird Wireless Issue, laptop shuts down wireless network [ 3 Answers ]

Ok, here it goes. I am in the process of fixing a buddies computer. He has a dv8000 HP. When I got it, he said that it will not connect to the internet either through wireless or cat5. I brought it home, were have a wireless network and tried to connect. I get no connection and limited or no...

Connect to wireless printer and wireless router at the same time [ 3 Answers ]

Hello I can connect wirelessly to my router and I can connect wirelessly to my pinter one at a time. If I'm browsing the internet and want to print I have to break my connection to the router and connect to the printer. This is a pain in the .(especially when listening to pandora radio) ...

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

No connectivity to wireless router from laptop. [ 2 Answers ]

My laptop computer is not able to connect to my Netgear router. My desk top computer is connected fine to the router. The laptop computer has connected with the Netgear router in the past. I have unplugged the modem and router and shut down the laptop and desk top several times with no success.

Laptop can't see Netgear wireless router in same room [ 3 Answers ]

I am getting excellent wireless connectivity between (XP Home) laptop and Netgear Router/modem (connected by ethernet cable to my (XP Pro) PC) between 2 floors, but have another laptop (XP Home) in same room as router, which doesn't see router/network, etc. This laptop has an Intel Pro wireless...

View more questions Search