Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    andy4real Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 06:12 AM
    Can not delete folder on NTFS volume
    Hello there.

I restored a folder from my F: drive to the e: drive and changed the backup selection to point to the new folder
    Now backup exec 11d fails with error :(Directory E:\Groups\Business Continuity Planning was not found, or could not be accessed.
    None of the files or subdirectories contained within will be backed up.)
    This is not the only directory giving me problems. It's almost everything on the new groups drive.

I tested the resource credentials and it succeeded on the backup application.

Please help
    Anthony
    chuckhole Posts: 850, Reputation: 45

Aug 4, 2008, 07:03 AM
    What are the permissions on the folders? Did you give the users Full Control or Change level permissions? If you give Full Control, then the users can change permissions such that backups can not even get to the files or that once they are restore, the Admin users do not have permissions to get to them.

You will need to take Ownership of the files before any security changes can be made so that the files can be overwritten, moved, etc.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Combining shared folder and NTFS Permissions [ 4 Answers ]

Hello, I am studying for the 70-290 exam. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to find the effective permission(s) when combining shared folder and NTFS permissions? Thank you.

Can't Delete Folder - Can't Turn Off Read-Only [ 4 Answers ]

I created a temporary folder on my desktop to download some photos from an old SD card before I tossed it, then sent them from the folder to burn on a CD. No Problem. Now I can't delete the temporary desktop folder. When I go to properties, it says read-only. I unchecked it from read-only, but...

How to delete NTFS partition from dos [ 2 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My first question is that when I try to boot my HP PC it keeps reboot n reboot after first windows xp logo comes n doesn't enter to windows. I have windows xp on NTFS partition... I tried to recover it through System Recovery disk it aborted after boot from system recovery disk. The...

How to delete NTFS partition from dos [ 1 Answers ]

Hi Everyone, My first question is that when I try to boot my HP PC it keeps reboot and reboot after first windows xp logo comes and doesn't enter to windows. I have windows xp on NTFS partition... I tried to recover it through System Recovery disk it aborted after boot from system recovery disk....

Can't delete album folder from My Music. [ 3 Answers ]

I was having problems playing songs on Musicmatch Jukebox, from one of the cds I ripped to My Music. I tried to delete the artist's folder but it won't let me (cannot delete file: cannot read from the source file or disk). I opened this folder and saw two folders with the name of the album on...

View more questions Search