Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    jeremyp969 Posts: 4, Reputation: 1

Aug 4, 2008, 05:57 AM
    Whirlpool dishwasher not drying - DU1101XTP
    Hopefully someone can offer some help on this. I owned a DU1101XTP at my old house that was wonderful. Cleaned all my dishes and everything came out dry. Now at my old house (which was a couple miles away, same water provider) I never had to use the heated dry, I would run the dishwasher at 10pm when I went to bed and by the time I was up the next morning, 7am, everything in there would be dry.

Well we moved so I bought a new one of these cause we loved it so much and now I have a drying problem. After running the dishwasher the dishes and the inside of the tub are all wet. Even days later the inside of the tub is wet. I haven't run the heated dry yet, but I didn't have to at my old house and don't really want to at this house. I tried turning up the water temp higher but same problem.

Any suggestions?

Thanks!
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 07:01 AM
    Here's my suggestions/thoughts:
    1. Hot water temperature is not as high at the new house
      Does the water from the faucet seem as warm as at the old house? You might bump up the temp on your water heater.
    2. Water is "harder" at new house
      Did you have a water softener before? Maybe try a rinse agent like Jet-Dry.
      Did you change brands of dishwasher detergent? This could make a difference.

Hope this helps,
    WallyH

Aug 4, 2008, 07:04 AM
    Thanks for the reply!

I actually did try turning up the water temp, before I had it set as the same as the old house. When we got the dishwasher and had this problem that's the first thing I've tried.

We do use jet-dry. As far as the softness, we didn't have a softener at the old house and we don't have one now. I could get one of those testing kits to see if it would help, but the inside of the dishwasher is soaked. Could this be the cause?
    WallyHelps Posts: 1,018, Reputation: 136
    Ultra Member

Aug 4, 2008, 01:07 PM
    Quote Originally Posted by jeremyp969
    Thanks for the reply!

I actually did try turning up the water temp, before I had it set as the same as the old house. When we got the dishwasher and had this problem that's the first thing I've tried.

We do use jet-dry. As far as the softness, we didn't have a softener at the old house and we don't have one now. I could get one of those testing kits to see if it would help, but the inside of the dishwasher is soaked. Could this be the cause?
    Another thing I thought of is that there is a heating element in the dishwasher that is used to heat the water even hotter than what comes out of your hot water heater. (This same element is probably used to dry the dishes as well.) If this element is not working, or not getting as hot as the old one did, your dishes may not have enough heat to evaporate the water off. You might try doing a load with heated dry on and halfway through the dry cycle, open the door and drop a drop of water on the element to see if it is hot (I wouldn't recommend touching it:p ) If that element is not working, I'd invoke your warranty.

Good Luck,
    WallyH

Aug 5, 2008, 05:08 AM
    WallyHelps,

Thanks for the info. I didn't realize the heating element heats up the water along with helping to dry on heated dry. I'll give that a try and let you know.

Thanks again!
    meagank Posts: 67, Reputation: 3

Aug 23, 2008, 06:26 PM
    Also try rubbing jet dry at least once a month all over the inside of the dishwahser also turn up the dial on the amopunt of jet dry you are using if you take the cap off you will see a dail to cahnge it from 1 to 5 or higher this will relese the amount of jet dry you are using it is required in all there new dishwasher for them to dry and if the jet dry is to low they will not dry proprley
    c47 Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jan 12, 2013, 08:29 AM
    I found the jet dry dispensing adjustment mentioned above (meagank's post), and cranked it to the highest setting (#6), it was on #2. We've had the same issue since this diswasher was brand new - it dries many things, but there will be water on most all plastics, including the inside of the tub, after washing, and I have selected heated dry too. (we have a water softener system). I was beginning to wonder if the designer compromised too much in favor of energy efficiency and went with a too low wattage heating element, and/or does not run it long enough to effectively dry. Let's see what happens!

PS - I have noticed that at the end of the cycle, the tile bull nosing in our counter above the exhaust in the dryer door will be covered in condensation, and if you place your hand in fron of the vent, you can feel warm moist air coming out

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

3 yr old whirlpool dryer not drying [ 3 Answers ]

We have a 3 yr old top load washer and 3yr old front load dryer with the door that comes down. For the past week--I have been using high heat and drying my load twice to get it dry. We have checked the lint compartment, had the element checked and the 2 silver-dollar looking parts that popped off...

Whirlpool Elec Dryer - Clothes Not Drying [ 3 Answers ]

I have a Whirlpool Electric Dryer, model # LEB6000PQ0. The dryer does not seem to dry the clothes much at all. I have removed the lint from all components (internal & external) as well as the vent from the back of the dryer to the outside. I notice when the dryer first starts, the heating...

Whirlpool dryer stops drying [ 1 Answers ]

Hi I have a Whirlpool Dryer - model #LER5636JQ0. I will start to dry, then stop. I open the door, let it cool down, start it again. It will run for a few minutes, then stop. I have to keep repeating the process several times to get it to stay on and even then sometimes it won't. Please...

Whirlpool electric dryer not fully drying [ 2 Answers ]

I have a whirlpool electric dryer model number gew9868kq0. When I have a little load it dries OK in auto mode. When I have a med to full load I have to start it up a few times to dry in auto sensing mode. Any help would be great... Mike

View more questions Search