Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    mawutor Posts: 7, Reputation: 1
    -

Aug 4, 2008, 05:23 AM
    Termites in land for snailery
    I want to raise snails on a plot of land, but there are termites in the land.This is giving me a headache as termites are enemies of snails.I have dug a mini-paddock (snail pen) on the land but am unable to use it because of the threat of termite attack.
    Kindly advice me on how to destroy them or keep them away.
    I am currently rearing a small quantity of the snails (Achatina achatina) in a wooden box in a safe area.I am Ghanaian
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Aug 6, 2008, 08:02 PM
    One way to protect bldgs from termites is a shield. Basically it's thin pieces of metal (usu aluminum) over pilings or footers with a 1/2"-1" bent down. The termites can't build tubes over the edge.
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Aug 6, 2008, 09:24 PM
    BTW - I didn't know about termites being enemies of snails. What competition is there?
    godsstrength Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Jul 20, 2010, 07:19 AM

One way to keep termites away from snails is to produce a mixture of kerosine and engine oil, and sprinkle round the snail pen.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Termites [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, I find termites in bathroom sink but, can't figure out where the are coming from. Please help Ps I live in an apartment Thanks

Termites? [ 2 Answers ]

I recently pulled up the stump/roots of a shrub that was about 2 feet from my house, and think it might have been, or was being eaten by termites. We cut the shrub down last year, so the stump was dead, but not obviously riddled by any kind of insects. I don't think there are termites in the...

Persistent Termites [ 1 Answers ]

My home was treated for termites a year ago. The chemical used was Termidor. Since that time, I have noticed termite activity in the same location on three separate occasions and the area was retreated twice. I noticed more termite activity today so I am very concerned. My pest control company...

Termites [ 1 Answers ]

Need to know what options I have for treating termites other than tenting. My next door neighber has a severely weaken immune system so I want a treatment that is non toxic if possible. I haven't yet had a termite inspection but there is evidence of termite damage around my bathroom and fencing

View more questions Search