Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    natasblue Posts: 12, Reputation: 2

Aug 4, 2008, 04:18 AM
    Dating a guy 8 years younger
    Im 33 he's 25, This is the first time I have ever actually dated, all of my relationships have been just that, long relationships. It has only been 2months and we live an hour or so away from each other. We get along well,we have a lot of fun together or via phone, we were introduced through his family which are great friends of mine, the sex is great. However, the emotional attatchment or connection seems to be lacking. I understand he is male and may have a hard time expressing himself emotionally but, I think I'm the type of person that needs that in a relationship. So, is it to soon for him to open up emotionally since we are (still dating)? Or should I push the envolope in getting him to express how he feels about the emotional stuff like... say our relationship, what his goals are with it, where it's headed... etc. it's just that I'm a woman who has been through a lot, I know what I want and don't want, he is 25, not exactly sure what he wants because well, he hasn't experienced as much as I have and just simply doesn't. I don't really do the dating thing so don't know much about how it works really. This is all new and not really sure what taking it slow, an not rushing is. Conterary to what I have done before, you like each other you hook up you be together and you grow together. Hasn't really worked out for me so this "taking it slow thing is nice"?? But a little confusing because of the lack of experience with it.
    tickle Posts: 23,796, Reputation: 2674
    Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:28 AM
    I think you have a mindset about the age difference and it is really not necessary. This can be good for you in many ways. Open up the communication slowly and get what you want. Could be he has the age diference holding him back from committing in some way. I wish people would pull themselves out of the dark ages about these age difference issues, natasblue. But then I may be the 'pot calling the kettle black' here, I don't know how I would feel in your shoes, probably the same. But isn't the dating fun ! It sounds like he got off on the right foot there and maybe it is good you both live an hour away from each other, that makes things slow down a little and that's a good thing, too !

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

She's 3 years younger than I am. [ 23 Answers ]

hey guys so recently I started working at a local ice cream shop and met this girl there who was cute and outgoing. I met her last Friday when I worked and we really hit it off, and texted each other for all of Friday night and Saturday and then worked together again later on in the day. On...

She left me for someone 5 years younger, I have OCD, ughh [ 2 Answers ]

Hello, I posted a few weeks back about my break up having to do with the fact that I recently discovered that I have OCD. It caused me to constantly break every little thing down with my girlfriend, and question her beyond belied and never able to let small things go, pretty much I was insecure...

Can true love be found younger than 16 years of age? [ 27 Answers ]

Hi I'm thirteen and I'm just wondering if I could fall in love at my age? Thanks :)

View more questions Search