Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    Jhot Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 11:05 PM
    Can't log on to router
    Hi, I can't log on to my wireless router and I have problem with my internet connection. Please help.
    Scleros Posts: 2,165, Reputation: 262
    Hardware Expert

Aug 5, 2008, 04:16 AM
    Quote Originally Posted by Jhot
    Please help.
    Refer to the instructions provided in the User Manual for the router model you didn't mention available on the web site of the router manufacturer you didn't mention. The Internet provider you didn't mention also likely included instructions in their welcome kit.

Help us help you...
    manishp26 Posts: 3, Reputation: 0

Aug 7, 2008, 10:52 PM
    Reset The Router And Then Go To Explorer And Type 192.168.1.1 User Id Admin Password Admin And The Config It
    thomacy Posts: 8, Reputation: 1

Nov 26, 2008, 06:57 PM
    You may have to check the manual online... depending on the model, the IP address might be different. Either way, there should be instructions on doing a hard reset on the device. This will take the unit back to the factory condition.

Most of the time you press the reset button on the back of the router... then, pull the power cord while keeping the button pressed. Then, plug the router back in and hold in the button for 20-30 more seconds.

Once this is done, connect a network cable to your machine. Give it 10 seconds or so and see if you can get to the web.

If so, then, you only need to configure wireless (you'll want to check the documentation, as instructions vary from router to router.
    Stratmando Posts: 11,188, Reputation: 508
    Uber Member

Dec 8, 2008, 12:38 PM

Go to:
    Default Router Passwords - The internets most comprehensive router password database
    Enter model number, and it will tell default admin and password.
    Your routers website will tell which to type
    192.166.1.1, 192.168.1.0 or some other.
    arshadjaved Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Feb 23, 2012, 07:44 AM
    Don steam rad

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Changing wireless router Linksys WRT54GS to a wired router [ 8 Answers ]

How can I disable my wireless router to a wired router. The model is a Linksys WRT54GS.My two computers are now in one room and do not need to be wireless.I will be using a 50ft. Cable. Does it make any difference if the color of the cable is blue or yellow ?

WAP vs Router [ 1 Answers ]

What is the actual difference, if any, between a wireless access point and a router?

Which router is the best to buy. [ 4 Answers ]

Hi, I just brought my son a HP dv9500t laptop for college. I would now like to be able to set up a wireless network for him to be able to use the laptop at home. The laptop has an "Intel PRO/wireless 4965AGN Network card". Which router should I buy. His laptop will have Vista premium installed....

Ed' s router [ 1 Answers ]

How would you hook up a wireless router to your system when you already have 2 router in place (1) for telephone (2) road runner ----this so I can use my new laptop in another room

Router within a Router - Connection problems [ 1 Answers ]

I'm trying to set up a wireless network to be able to use my laptop, but am having problems getting everything working; The wireless is "Connected" yet I'm unable to access the internet, or ping the default gateway. The current setup consists of a Zyxel Prestige 643 (The "internet gateway", a...

View more questions Search