Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    casey napton Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 10:51 PM
    Thermostat RTH230B not shutting off with ac on 2 wire
    Thermostat RTH230B not shutting off with ac on 2 wire thermostat RTH230B but have cold air&FAN IS RUNNING
    hvac1000 Posts: 14,540, Reputation: 435
    Heating & Air Conditioning Expert

Aug 4, 2008, 05:38 AM
    You need 3 wires to run ac on that thermostat correctly. One hot leg to RC one to green for the fan and one yellow for the a/c control. Some in the past have tried to combine the yellow and green under one lug or wire but that does not work with a digital thermostat.

It can be wired for 2 wire a/c use only BUT you cannot use the green/blower connection at all so your blower has to be controlled by another means like a relay.

SEE here.

http://customer.honeywell.com/techli...0s/69-1800.pdf

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

How I fixed my RTH230B 'blue wire' [ 5 Answers ]

Hi All, This seems like the hottest place for Honeywell RTH230B questions, so I thought I would post what worked for me after much reading on this forum and troubleshooting. My old thermostat had five wires: read, white, yellow, green, blue The Honeywell connections for: Rh, Rc, W, Y, G ...

Replacing 3-wire thermostat with Honeywell RTH230B [ 1 Answers ]

I am trying to replace a White Rodgers 1E35-910 thermostat with a Honeywell RTH230B. Three wires, labeled W, R, and Y were connected to terminals 4, 5, and 6, respectively on the old thermostat. I have a baseboard hot water heating system. Connecting 4&5 opens the zone valve (White Rodgers...

Janitrol 7 wire to Honeywell RTH230B 5 wire [ 3 Answers ]

I currently have a Janitrol digital thermostat. I can't read the model #. It has 8 terminals and 7 wires hooked up. Terminal - Color Y - Yellow Com - Blue R - Red G - Green w2 - Looks white E/w3 - Looks pink O - Orange B - Nothing

Honeywell rth230b - 4 wire two red and two white [ 8 Answers ]

I replaced my old mercury thermostat last fall with a honeywell rth230b digital model and furnace worked fine all winter, now that I am trying to use my air conditioner its like the thermostat does not recognize cool. I have 4 wires two red and two white, one of the Red wires I have plugged into...

Thermostat not shutting off [ 1 Answers ]

I have a Honeywell CT87 and the heat only comes on when I put the white wire to yellow connection but then when I do this the heat will not shut off even when room temperature is reached. Is this a wiring issue or is it the thermostat?

View more questions Search