Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    cherdawn Posts: 1, Reputation: 1

Aug 3, 2008, 05:01 PM
    Looking for wood toy as seen in Movie- Witness
    Hi,

I'm looking for the toy ( a pattern to make it would be really wonderful so my hubby can make it for our friends son) that was shown in the movie "Witness" for the little Amish boy made by Harrison Ford. It was a made of wood and was a kind of marble like maze but stood upright on legs. Marbles rolled down straight not rounded or curved, wooden chutes with grooves carved into them and the marble rolled down the grooves with some wood paddle wheels helping to propel them along . The marble then drops into another grooved chute etc. Also one chute bounced up and down as it dropped a marble down into the next chute under it
    I have asked on other toy sites and people have sent me links to plastic marble mazes that lie down flat or other marble roll like contraptions, but they were not anything like the one in the movie. I really would like one almost exactly like it or better yet, plans to make one like it, as my hubby likes to make things from wood for gifts but not good at designing something like that himself..
    Can anyone help?
    Thanks
    WVHiflyer Posts: 384, Reputation: 34

Aug 3, 2008, 06:09 PM
    I get a catalog near X-mas with 'old fashioned' toys. I think I saw something similar to what you describe (I can't remember the toy in the movie) in that cat but I couldn't remember the name. So I Googled "wooden toys." On the 1st page I didn't see the cat but it looks like there might be some promising links. At the bottom of page 1 were even some general links incl'd wooden toy patterns. You might check them out.
    Gepetto Posts: 9, Reputation: 1

Sep 3, 2008, 07:17 PM
    This toy is apparently centuries old. It's called a "marble run", marble racer or marble wizard.
    While plenty of plans for sale exist, the one closest to the movie is a freebie. Google on "canadian home workshop" , search the site for "marble racer".

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Name of toy in the movie Witness [ 2 Answers ]

What is the name of the toy that in the movie Witness, Harrison Ford built for the little amish boy? It's a wooden toy that once the marble has been released it travels up and down and all around causing reactions to the force of the marble. I've seen them in all different sizes and shapes but just...

Jehovahs witness [ 22 Answers ]

Well my parents are basically christian only um.. a little more... hardcore. Like they follow the scriptures as law and as a basis for life. In everyway. And I'm now 14 and for the past couple of years I have know that I don't agree with most of their beliefs. But its really starting to bother me...

Hi how do I remove wood adhesive from wood cabinetry [ 1 Answers ]

Hello, how do I remove wood adhesive from wood cabinetry. The gentleman who installed the cabinets inadvertently rubbed the glue on the cabinet itself... it looks awful.. thanks

How do I see somebody in witness protection [ 4 Answers ]

How do I visit somebody in witness protection

Need Witness [ 4 Answers ]

We are getting married in brisbane in march at a court house .sweet and simple We don't know anyone in brisbane how do we get 2 witnesses?We are getting married on the 28th March 2008:p ;)

View more questions Search