Ask Experts Questions for FREE Help !
Ask
    lrhall41 Posts: 123, Reputation: 6

Aug 3, 2008, 03:17 PM
    Are these eggs still good?
    Yesterday I went grocery shopping and left a bag with a dozen eggs and a pound of cheddar cheese in the trunk. I did not notice they were missing until this morning when I got them out of the trunk and put them in the refrigerator.
    Does anyone know if they are safe to eat?
    Thanks.:confused:
    Clough Posts: 26,677, Reputation: 1649
    Uber Member

Aug 3, 2008, 04:07 PM
    What were the ranges of the outside temperatures when this happened, please?

My guess without knowing the outside temperatures would be that chances are that the outside 1/8 to 1/4 inch of the cheddar cheese is no good and can be cut away, but if the inside of it smells strange and looks bad, then I would discard it.

Eggs can be tested to see if they are still any good by floating them in water. Even with eggs that I know are fresh, I still always test them. If they float even the tiniest bit, then I throw them away.

You may want to err on the side of caution and just toss everything though if they were in the trunk for many hours and the temperature was hot at all. It's a tough call...
    twinkiedooter Posts: 12,172, Reputation: 1054
    Uber Member

Aug 5, 2008, 05:11 PM
    If this was winter I'd say OK. But since this is summer then I'd throw everything out.
    this8384 Posts: 4,564, Reputation: 485
    Ultra Member

Aug 6, 2008, 02:15 PM
    The easiest way to tell is to take a glass of lukewarm tap water and put the eggs in, one at a time. If it floats, it's rotten; if it sinks, it's okay to eat.

Not your question? Ask your question View similar questions

Question Tools Search this Question
Search this Question:

Advanced Search

Add your answer here.

Check out some similar questions!

Eggs [ 4 Answers ]

How long does it take to boil an egg? (I can never get it right)

My cockatiels eggs [ 3 Answers ]

My cockatiel laid eggs we recently pair her up with a male,I just want to know how can I be sure they are fertile... ii don't really know who laid the eggs becaouse the bird I thought was a male has been pooping really big.. please help

Difference in eggs? [ 2 Answers ]

Other than the obvious, what's the difference between white and brown eggs? Is there even a difference?

Eggs [ 6 Answers ]

I am trying to get my scrambled eggs more fluffy and well done at the same time, however they always come out dry and flat can you help me.

Eggs [ 2 Answers ]

This might sound stupid,but does anyone know how long it takes to boil a perfect egg? Thanks.

View more questions Search